Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clemson Vs Alabama Pt 2 (college football)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I thought this was a spam thread lol
    Me too, I tried to mash the back button, then saw it wasn't spam.

Comment

This year more than any of the previous Alabama is the clear cut favorite and most complete team. With that said I do wonder how the shake up with Lane Kiffin will play out.
      2004 BMW e60 525i - Daily
      1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy
      1994 Jeep Wrangler - Summer Toy
      1993 Range Rover Classic - Handsome Looker that never gets driven

Comment

My complaint about bowl games is that there are simply way too many of them. I think i counted 51 this year. Thats 102 teams!! Wtf!!!???? There is no way in hell you can tell me 102 teams deserved a bowl. Retarded teams no one has ever heard of or cares about playing in a meaningless obscure game with a name like the tuck's pads hemoriod creme bowl in hobbs, new mexico. Just a silly waste of time and resources in my opinion.

if you didn't finish your season with 4 or less losses, you don't belong in a bowl game. hell, if you aren't in the top 25 or 30, you should be watching this shit at home from your couch.
        Last edited by flyboyx; 01-10-2017, 08:59 AM.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
          I can understand wanting to see Bama lose, though I don't think "smug" applies.
          Really? The halftime interview of Saban was hilarious. He described Clemson as something like this, "well...they are pretty good"

I don't know man, he comes across to me as though he believes he's the greatest coach ever and no one else deserves to be on the same field. Generally, that's why I'd like to see Alabama lose, just to knock him down a peg or two. He'll still be pretty high up there, but at least he won't see himself as invincible.

Look, I am willing to admit that he is a very good coach, hell maybe even great. But the best ever? I'm not willing to go that route for another 10 years or so.

You can argue that Alabama wasn't great in the early half of the 2000s, and that's true, but the reality is that he still took a big school in the best conference and made them into a powerhouse. It's not difficult to recruit to a school like that once you have a winning record, which is why a bunch of those SEC teams are in the top 20 year after year.

Plus they won championships before he was there, that's a history that will draw players as well.

If he went to some never before great school and turned them into a perennial powerhouse, then I'd be more willing to call him a superstar coach and his string of wins and championships something truly amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
            You can argue that Alabama wasn't great in the early half of the 2000s, and that's true, but the reality is that he still took what was once the best program in the nation in the best conference and turned them back into a powerhouse.
            Touched that up for you. ;)
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

That was a hell of a football game. Congrats to Clemson. First win for them over Alabama in 40,619 days.

Originally posted by agent View Post
              Loser buys dinner Friday night at Hot Springs in May?
              If you make it to Vintage, we'll dine at one of the area's finest establishments:

Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

i caught from about 2 min left in the third until the end. it definitely finished in a very exciting way. was it just me or did the game seem to last forever?
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                  Really? The halftime interview of Saban was hilarious. He described Clemson as something like this, "well...they are pretty good"

I don't know man, he comes across to me as though he believes he's the greatest coach ever and no one else deserves to be on the same field. Generally, that's why I'd like to see Alabama lose, just to knock him down a peg or two. He'll still be pretty high up there, but at least he won't see himself as invincible.

Look, I am willing to admit that he is a very good coach, hell maybe even great. But the best ever? I'm not willing to go that route for another 10 years or so.

You can argue that Alabama wasn't great in the early half of the 2000s, and that's true, but the reality is that he still took a big school in the best conference and made them into a powerhouse. It's not difficult to recruit to a school like that once you have a winning record, which is why a bunch of those SEC teams are in the top 20 year after year.

Plus they won championships before he was there, that's a history that will draw players as well.

If he went to some never before great school and turned them into a perennial powerhouse, then I'd be more willing to call him a superstar coach and his string of wins and championships something truly amazing.
                  sabin was doing amazing things at michigan state several years ago. lsu offered him a big contract that michigan state wasn't willing to match. we all know how that turned out for michigan state and for lsu. it is safe to say sabin is the best coach college football has ever seen. its more than just recruiting although that does have a lot to do with it.

a case in point is that retard (brady hoke) michigan hired a few years back. he recruited a lot of awesome players but kept losing to bad teams. jim harbaugh stepped in with the same players and turned them into winners.

i have never been a tide fan. i was honestly happy to see clemson upset them yesterday. however, you have to give credit where it is due. you can make the argument that he sucked in the nfl, but as far as college football is concerned, he is a fucking bad ass!
                  Last edited by flyboyx; 01-10-2017, 09:03 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X