Meyle HD Flex Joint/ Giubo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meyle HD Flex Joint/ Giubo?

Has anyone had experience with the Meyle HD flex joint/ giubo? The price for the kit with the replacement hardware is a good deal but want to make sure it's a good replacement before buying.

Wouldn't trust it based on other recent Meyle experiences, but I haven't tried that
    specific part from them.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Meyle is one step above URO (URO = pure Chinese junk).

Spend the extra ~$20 and get a Bilstein/Febi, or you will be doing the job again in a few thousand miles to save that $20. Just my opinion...

Also, pay attention to the arrows on the giubo, they need to point at the flanges on the trans/output, or any brand will shred quickly and look like a rubber infused floor mop in short order.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
        Wouldn't trust it based on other recent Meyle experiences, but I haven't tried that
        specific part from them.

t
        Thank you for your input, I ended up ordering it the morning after I posted. I figured if it ended up failing early, I'd just get it replaced from FCP Euro, and it's not that hard of a job. It just arrived and it's in a nice box and it says it's made in Germany. I hope it is durable.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          Meyle is one step above URO (URO = pure Chinese junk).

Spend the extra ~$20 and get a Bilstein/Febi, or you will be doing the job again in a few thousand miles to save that $20. Just my opinion...

Also, pay attention to the arrows on the giubo, they need to point at the flanges on the trans/output, or any brand will shred quickly and look like a rubber infused floor mop in short order.
          Thank you, I appreciate the tip and will make sure it is correct.

Comment

it says it's made in Germany
            That's good news, and somewhat unexpected- I'd give it the benefit of the doubt, then!

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Part made in Germany, or the package?
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
              X