Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vert hard top roof rack DIY (really fits...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe when you get the car back you can take a pic so i get an idea. going to buy the bit tomorrow thanks again bud

Comment

Originally posted by vvaughn View Post
      maybe when you get the car back you can take a pic so i get an idea. going to buy the bit tomorrow thanks again bud
      Not getting the car back anytime soon man. It's been in the shop for 6 months with little progress. and I'm leaving the country for 2 years before the end of the month.
      Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
      LSx e36TI coming soon
      Originally posted by s0urce
      Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

got my car back today

got it back from a fresh paint job and had the body shop mount the landing pads for me. he told me it took him 3 mins to do. im sure it would have taken me 3 sun rizes to get them on . heres a pic . its a bit far away but you can zoom in and see them up there. tomorrow ill take close ups
        Attached Files

Comment

not sure why the pic is posting sideways but there it is lol

Comment

done !!

So I got the car back from paint today and i mounted the rack I love it!!!

Comment

What big pictures you have. haha

Looks good though. I dig the painted bumpers and the color matched top too(oddly because i usually don't).
              Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
              LSx e36TI coming soon
              Originally posted by s0urce
              Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

I know I apologize about the big pics I have no idea what I'm doing lol. Thank you I'm glad you like it .

Comment

Here's a nice hidden detail.

Use these studs, they go from the roof bolt diameter to the roof rack bolt diameter, no need to drill out the #4 pads! The holes need to be SLIGHTLY elongated to fit, but you can do that by simply rubbing the bolt on the plastic for a few seconds. The fit it really, really good! Just need matching lock nuts, and some washers.

I also chose to cut a rubber pad to go between the landing pads and the roof to help with scratches.

Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                  A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Bump because I've trying to find this exact post for a month now!
                    Last edited by Mike36; 12-02-2019, 12:37 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                      Here's a nice hidden detail.

Use these studs, they go from the roof bolt diameter to the roof rack bolt diameter, no need to drill out the #4 pads! The holes need to be SLIGHTLY elongated to fit, but you can do that by simply rubbing the bolt on the plastic for a few seconds. The fit it really, really good! Just need matching lock nuts, and some washers.

I also chose to cut a rubber pad to go between the landing pads and the roof to help with scratches.

And where did you find this stud? Looks like a Home Depot scan but I can't seem to find it on line.
                      sigpic
                      WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

finally getting around to doing this… help me clarify before i order everything.

i’ll need
                        4 yakima landing pad 4 (#00224 on yakima)
                        4 yakima control towers (SKU: #8000214 on yakima)
                        the 2 bars and the fairing? please correct me if i’m wrong. i’m on instagram more than r3v, so feel free to message me if you feel the need. @antftp any help is appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                        X