87' 325is Air Dam on Late Model Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eurospeed
    Right the fuck on, nice write-up. You might want to include the info/pics on how you mounted the airdam to the bumper itself. I assume it was just with bolts, but pics would be cool. Glad someone finally grew the fucking stones to do this. I'm planning to do it eventually, if I don't end up loving the look of my boards too much when they're done.
    yeah I don't personally have a dig camera so I'm still waitin on some of the pics, and yeah they are just bolts holding the air dam to the bumper
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

you forgot the pics of the 20 million hours of sanding that thing.....and how the room is still dusty from all that paint....haha. congrats
      -1992 325i -
      BavAuto Chip
      Tokico Spring/Shocks
      more to come later

Comment

looking good dude. i got an es one ive been working on. it had so much paint on it. if anyone restores one of these. dont use to much striper. it will mess up the plastic. I tested it on the back side. it made a spot all soft. Here in about a month im gunna try and work one up to some euro bumps.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

i like the write up alot! but it kinda makes the front end look, idk bulky? but to each his own if you like it then its sick that you found a way to do it!

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Sickest IS front end ever! Mad Max front lip FTW
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Rigmaster
            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Looks like the color matches about as well as my bronzit valance matches the rest of my sterling silver car.
              Current Cars
              2014 M235i
              2009 R56 Cooper S
              1998 M3
              1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
                Looks like the color matches about as well as my bronzit valance matches the rest of my sterling silver car.
                haha well thats because like I said in the first post "its still primer white," I didn't have time to paint it before the meet. And now I have finals, I will paint it in a few weeks. ;)

edit: I also smoothed the fiberglass bondo out more. I used an electric sander instead of by hand like I did before the meet. If I was to take this to a shop to get painted it would be <100 right? I am starting to think I might not have time to do it myself.
                Last edited by asubimmer; 04-19-2006, 11:14 AM.
                ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Great work i wanted to know what that looked like now i know. A++

'87 325 (Track Rat)
                  '04 C5500 Wrecker (Work)
                  '94 525i (Daily)
                  '90 325i (R.I.P)
                  H&R Race, Racing Dynamics Sway Bars, Tree House CAB's, Sparco Strut Bars and more.

Comment

Are the brakeducks you gunna get go where the fogs are?

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta
                      Are the brakeducks you gunna get go where the fogs are?
                      yep they are going there, I am fitting the FMIC into the front right now and its coming pretty close to the fog light area. It'll be tight but its going to work.

edit: also I am going to be working w/ a friend to fabricate some of the brake duct plates that go on the back of the rotors. If we didn't then the brake ducts would kinda be usless.

Comment

just wondering. i was looking at what other kind of fogs fit in that spoiler. that still look good...

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

I think I figured out why it looks kind of awkward/bulky. I would flare out the sides more so it lined up more evenly with the bumper instead of appearing so tucked.

I'm very anxious to try this myself.

Comment

I've got an 87 is Front Air Dam that I'm prepping and it will go on my 88 Cabrio.

Might take a while, but I've removed the old paint and have the first coat of Primer on it, but have more to go.

Probably another month as I'm really swamped at work right now.

I'll post pics when it's done.
                            sigpic
                            1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                            Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                            Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                              just wondering. i was looking at what other kind of fogs fit in that spoiler. that still look good...

The P/N for the fog lights is: 301-126-259-00 and they are made by Hella.

Found a near-new pair on eBay for less than $50.00, although you might be able to find generics at your local Parts store like Kragen or Pep Boys.
                              sigpic
                              1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                              Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                              Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Personally, i love the idea and cheers for being different.

But, why not go with the valence from the earlier models? With less slots in the front. Would look cleaner?

Comment

Working...
                                X