Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 318i starting issues

Hello,
    I just bought my third e30, an 85 318i that has sat in someones yard for quite awhile.
    I took the old gas and fuel pump out and a new(5 months) battery + fuel pump in, optimistically turned the key 1 click, and heard a deep clicking noise about every half second from the drivers side of the engine bay. This is my first m10 and I am wondering what it was that the clicking was coming from, and also what needs to be fixed, this is a pic.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

send repeated PMs to "Sonny" he is the resident M10 expert. He may not respond to the first PM so send them hourly
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

85 318i starting issues

Thanks for the pms, That’s the cruise control has nothing to do with your starting issues, does the car have new oil. Please change oil with fresh 20W-50 and report back before trying to turn over motor with a jump. She should go.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
        Thanks for the pms, That’s the cruise control has nothing to do with your starting issues, does the car have new oil. Please change oil with fresh 20W-50 and report back before trying to turn over motor with a jump. She should go.
        Will do, cross your fingers, tabs say 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by cormac View Post
          Will do, cross your fingers, tabs say 2007.

Please do not crank motor with old oil if you actually want it to last you more than a week. You can do so much damage , all the M10 really wants is Lubrication and it’ll put up with almost anything you throw at it

Comment

Working...
          X