JOM Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiagozone View Post
    I instaled jom´s coilovers on my 89 coupe. Compared to my previous setup, wich was stock, they feel better. On front, i´m all the way down. In the rear, i have just the spring.

Overall, condering they only cost me 250€ brand new, i can say thay
    are worth.

Where do you live? Looks old and awesome, I'm jealous.
    2016 F-150
    1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

Originally posted by E30-Ellerman View Post
      Where do you live? Looks old and awesome, I'm jealous.
      In Portugal, Braga. In Portugal we have a great e30 community . There are no haters. The only down side is that, here, the cheapest e30 are the 316i. They go for 2500€ . 325i go for 7500€. Other than that, Portugal is a great place to live. We have amazing back roads. Cheers

Comment

looked back through the thread but haven't seen an answer. My front shocks bottom out pretty good over bumps and I'm not even dropped all that far. I think the front shocks are blown.

So, I want to replace them. Has anyone ever replaced them with Bilstein shocks but kept the springs / coil over part?

Comment

Originally posted by cpandrewschmidt View Post
          looked back through the thread but haven't seen an answer. My front shocks bottom out pretty good over bumps and I'm not even dropped all that far. I think the front shocks are blown.

So, I want to replace them. Has anyone ever replaced them with Bilstein shocks but kept the springs / coil over part?
          I don't have an answer to your question, unfortunately, but I'm wondering how long you had the JOMs installed before the fronts gave out?

I'm also in the Madison area, thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of these..
          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

vert specific, all way down in the front, no rear ajuster

Comment

I have a 1991 318i Cabriolet. If anyone can answer a few questions:

The JOM kits are same for all E30 (318/325) but the 2 cars have different weights. Does anyone know why there wouldn't be different spring rates for the lighter 318 cars? I thought there is nearly a 200 lb difference.

From my understanding here are the weight levels of the cars from lightest to heaviest.
              318i(s) coupe
              318i cabriolet
              325i
              325is
              325i 4 door
              325i cabriolet

Am I correct.

If I got a couple kit for my cabriolet what difference would I experience (better/worse)

I am trying to avoid some members experience of having the rear too high (on my lighter 318i car) having to leave out the adjusters to get it low enough.

Lastly perhaps the rear of the cabriolets is heavier than the rear of the coupes - hence the different rear springs. Am I correct? Thank you in advance for any and all answers.

Comment

Camber plates for JOMs

I understand this thread old af but if anyone using JOMs has an answer to this then its worth it. Has anyone used camber plates after installing on for your front? And if so what did you guys go with.

9 month update- After buying plenty of people on FB let me know I had made a terrible choice. That said, its much better than my OE stock setup which was never replaced and suffering. The ride quality is okay, im on Engine/ Trans/ diff poly bushings lowered some on 15s with a stock diameter. Having nothing to compare it to in my E30 besides the OE stuff i like it. 7/10 would recommend if you cant afford BCs/GC.

That said I will be upgrading to BCs eventually.
                Last edited by Slybeanx; 03-07-2020, 09:03 AM.
                85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Working...
                X