Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    my God, Cale and I agree
    Best you have is to quote another person?

I stand corrected, clearly, you are relevant.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Trump's "art of the deal" co-author: "Most of Trump's deals have been failures.. As a deal maker he's the worst I have come across."

President Trump has failed to make a deal that could end the ongoing Government shutdown, having been rebuffed by Mexico and the U.S. Congress in his attempt...
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

$5.1 billion will build a wall and buy private land that accounts for 0.8% of the border with Mexico from one coast to the other. Less than 1%. Meaning that it will do absolutely nothing for national security. Proving clearly that Trump is ransoming the United States government for his own political gain and for the morons who believe and support him...

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Trump's answer to the Coast Guards who aren't getting paid because of his shutdown.
          Attached Files

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
            Trump's answer to the Coast Guards who aren't getting paid because of his shutdown.

Translation?

Let them eat cake.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Is this real? If it is, it shows how far out of touch he is with the average American.
              sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Supadave View Post
                Is this real? If it is, it shows how far out of touch he is with the average American.
                Sadly, it is real.

But hey, by tomorrow, Trump can genuinely claim he owns the longest shut down in US history. The most beautiful. The biggest. So big.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Your focusing on the wrong issue. The bigger issue is why are there so many govt workers (people in general) that dont have enough savings to get through a slow period. of less than 30 days.

People are not being responsible for them selves here, to have more than $148.71 in the bank at any given time. FFS every one of these people should have at least a months worth of mandatory spending, (Housing, Food, utilities) just laying around, let alone a a decent emergency fund of 4-6 months.

Poor financial responsibility with ones salary is NOT the fault of the POTUS or the contingent of D's that are dragging this shut down on. Your also placing the fault of this on the POTUS not where it belongs, its the job of the congress to set and pass appropriations and spending, and the new leadership in the house refuse to play any kind of ball and work on a compermise either so this firmly lays in the hands of the House leadership as much as it dose in the hand of the POTUS.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Here he goes again. Advocating that employees shall work for free and are to blame... Not Trump. Send us your pay checks please.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    Your focusing on the wrong issue. The bigger issue is why are there so many govt workers (people in general) that dont have enough savings to get through a slow period. of less than 30 days.

People are not being responsible for them selves here, to have more than $148.71 in the bank at any given time. FFS every one of these people should have at least a months worth of mandatory spending, (Housing, Food, utilities) just laying around, let alone a a decent emergency fund of 4-6 months.

Poor financial responsibility with ones salary is NOT the fault of the POTUS or the contingent of D's that are dragging this shut down on. Your also placing the fault of this on the POTUS not where it belongs, its the job of the congress to set and pass appropriations and spending, and the new leadership in the house refuse to play any kind of ball and work on a compermise either so this firmly lays in the hands of the House leadership as much as it dose in the hand of the POTUS.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Massive you are so out of line here. No one is forced to keep a job.

Get ones emergency savings together, step 2 of life after get a job.

No one is forced to work for free. Find another job if it's not paying. This is fully the fault of so many previous administrations before not balancing the budget, Dem and Rep both to blame, along with Democrats sitting like A-Holes pissed they can't turn everyone into a statist.

Comment

Here he goes again. Advocating that employees shall work for free and are to blame... Not Trump. Send us your pay checks please.
                        Purposefully missing point yet again. Many of these employees are not having to show up, unless deemed necessary. Since most govt employees are salary anyway, they will all get their back pay when these issues are resolved deemed necessary or not, its not like they wont get paid their salaries, and be docked for this time.

So your just squeaking, and still fail to put all the blame on all the shoulders that should carry it.
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

Creating a 4-6 month financial cushion is difficult when you aren't getting paid all that much. I'm not saying that is the case for all people that are affected by the government shutdown, but to expect a park ranger who makes $35k a year (average for NJ Park Rangers) to have a financial cushion of 4-6 months, especially with a family is a bit ridiculous.

Assuming even a low 10% tax rate, that's $31.5k take home. That's $2625 per month. The average rent in NJ is around $1800, so you're left with $825. If you've got a kid or two plus a wife that money is gone after purchasing food and fuel to get you to and from your job and the grocery store.

My point here is that there are more people that live in a world where making <$50k a year is the norm, and putting any money aside is difficult (I chose NJ for my example because I live here). I'm glad that I'm not living in that world and can keep significant money in reserve if my family ever fell on hard times because my wife or I couldn't work for whatever reason, but our combined income is far into the six figure range and leaves us living comfortably. Unfortunately, there are many people working for the government who don't live this life.

I just don't think you can blame them for not having reserve funds. Not everyone is intelligent enough or had the resources to gain an education that would give them a job that pays well, or had the skills to gain a high paying job. America as a community can either blame those people for being in that position or they can recognize their difficulty and attempt to have compassion for their hardship, maybe even aid them in relieving their troubles.

I think that the leadership (both executive and legislative) aren't doing a good enough job of recognizing the difficulties that they are creating with their little political theater. There is a lack of true compassion for the hardships caused and because of this there isn't an incentive to alleviate those hardships.

In short, the politicians as a whole are to blame for the shutdown.

Comment

I just don't think you can blame them for not having reserve funds. Not everyone is intelligent enough or had the resources to gain an education that would give them a job that pays well, or had the skills to gain a high paying job.
                            It should ONLY be the responsibility of the individual to figure this out. If you can't hopefully friends and family will come along to help teach, possibly contribute financially. But don't make this anyone else's problem.

Comment

^
                              I get it life is hard, I have been there.

form the time I got out high school, until about a decade ago my official income on a good year got close to your NJ park ranger. I lived in a shitty RV (not long), with friends/roommates, my wife's parents basement, and plenty of crappy rentals, worked a real job for my Health Insurance and Pension, then in the evenings and weekends I would pick up side work. Everything from drywall, to pouring concrete to buying lawn mowers, generators, chain saws, and cars that didnt run to fix and resell. I would trade work for rent to my now inlaws when things got thin at times (lived in MI back then when things went to shit long before 2008) .

I still managed to save 10-35% of my income EVERY WEEK so when work would get slow, I would still be able to eat and pay for shit, when there was little work to be had. it was that savings that allowed us to move to where we always had wanted to live and were still reside and establish and new career in a new industry. My grandparents taught me very very early to save 50% of your take home pay EVERY WEEK, and to live with in my means. If I can save up a 6 month emergency fund back in those days anyone can, you just have to hustle and find other ways to make money beyond your "day job" and work more than 40 hours a week.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                                Creating a 4-6 month financial cushion is difficult when you aren't getting paid all that much. I'm not saying that is the case for all people that are affected by the government shutdown, but to expect a park ranger who makes $35k a year (average for NJ Park Rangers) to have a financial cushion of 4-6 months, especially with a family is a bit ridiculous.

Assuming even a low 10% tax rate, that's $31.5k take home. That's $2625 per month. The average rent in NJ is around $1800, so you're left with $825. If you've got a kid or two plus a wife that money is gone after purchasing food and fuel to get you to and from your job and the grocery store.

My point here is that there are more people that live in a world where making <$50k a year is the norm, and putting any money aside is difficult (I chose NJ for my example because I live here). I'm glad that I'm not living in that world and can keep significant money in reserve if my family ever fell on hard times because my wife or I couldn't work for whatever reason, but our combined income is far into the six figure range and leaves us living comfortably. Unfortunately, there are many people working for the government who don't live this life.

I just don't think you can blame them for not having reserve funds. Not everyone is intelligent enough or had the resources to gain an education that would give them a job that pays well, or had the skills to gain a high paying job. America as a community can either blame those people for being in that position or they can recognize their difficulty and attempt to have compassion for their hardship, maybe even aid them in relieving their troubles.

I think that the leadership (both executive and legislative) aren't doing a good enough job of recognizing the difficulties that they are creating with their little political theater. There is a lack of true compassion for the hardships caused and because of this there isn't an incentive to alleviate those hardships.

In short, the politicians as a whole are to blame for the shutdown.
                                I'm with you until that last sentence! The President owns this very unnecessary shutdown. Our government / state of politics is an embarrassment for so many reasons, Trump is actually a very perfect fit for it all. Just spectacularly poor leadership. We really could be doing so many positive things with all the cash and time wasted. Truly disheartening.
                                1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Working...
                                X