Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mounting Hardware for Zender Side Skirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting Hardware for Zender Side Skirts?

Hey guys, I've recently acquired a pair zender side skirts for my 86' coupe.

I was wondering if anyone has some insight on what kind of hardware to use to properly mount these? I'm tempted to buy hardware from McMaster-Carr. Also, I know using rivets is a common technique but don't know if that is the right route for these side skirts.

https://imgur.com/a/ya9bAkE

Maybe use the factory stuff meant for iS skirts?

Grommet that goes in the body:

Screw that goes into grommet:

McMaster probably sells something similar if you want to go that route as well. Stainless screws might be a good idea.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion AndrewBird, that process didn't cross my mind.

I'll give the local BMW dealer a call to see if they carry these parts. The grommet will definitely work. Although, I am worried about the thread length being too short for zender skirts since the screws are designed for the iS skirt thickness.

Do you know if there are genuine BMW screws with the same thread OD as the one you posted that fit into the same grommet but has a longer thread length? I can't find any on RealOEM or ecs, pelican, fcpeuro, etc..

Comment

Not sure about longer factory screws. I'd just order a box of similar screws from McMaster or somewhere.

Comment

Maybe these?

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post

Those screws could work. Although, from my understanding the grommets for the is skirts are meant for plastic plugs and metal screws will crack them.

Have you experience metal screws with these grommets?

Comment

Working...
            X