HELP!! m20b25 into 325e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!! m20b25 into 325e

I have a 1985 325e that runs shitty and smokes more than a big rig, and a 1990 325i convertible. I want to put the engine from the convertible into the "E" how can I get the 2 wiring harnesses to meet

if you can find a 87 325is harness everything is plug and play. then youll need to swap the rpm from the i into the e with the coding plug.
    but connecting the convertible harness into the E car. IDK

Comment

Depending on the month your eta was made, you will either have a square plug for the engine harness near the strut tower, or a round connector near the fuse box. If you have round, it's pretty much plug and play aside from pin #20 (this was changed from no wire, to ground, then to power pending the donor car build date). If you have the square plug in your car, you will need to chop the end off your eta harness and adapt it.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I have an 87 that was swapped, get the wiring harness if you can, it makes it a lot easier.
        I do things.

Comment

Which wiring harness

Comment

Take the whole lump from your vert (engine, engine harness and ECU) and slap it in the eta. Just make sure if the vert engine harness and your eta chassis both have the round plugs, be aware of the dreaded pin #20, or you will fry your body harness and let all the magic smoke out.

Not sure Melon caught that you have a complete donor car.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by chikoE30 View Post
              Which wiring harness
              From an M20B25

The engine and harness came from an '89.
              I do things.

Comment

Working...
              X