Garagistic Odometer Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
    Replaced mine with the Garagistic kit, MotoMeter, worked great for about 2 weeks and noticed one day my odometer quit working again. Next time I drove it was working. It's been working on and off ever since. I followed the directions perfectly and used the yellow stoppers on both exactly like in the pictures. Kind of frustrated, but it could have to do with something else. Any ideas?
    Mine does the same. Works on and off. Haven't had time to check what's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
      Mine does the same. Works on and off. Haven't had time to check what's wrong.
      Check the spacer distance, it cannot be pushing down on the gear. Let us know if this is the issue, if not, we will make it right.

Comment

WOW!!! Holy SHIT!! Are you kidding me? Garagistic, (excuse my language) $20-30 dollars for just the gears, that is stealing them with a evil grin :). I remember over 10 years ago when I was working at a independant bmw repair shop there was a vendor that the shop used for fixing clusters and he charged us over $100 to $150 for just the gears to install them in cluster or any repairs was $250 plus.So when I had a car I bought and fixing small things to sell I would fix the cluster myself. And the owner of the shop saw me doing it. And I seemed to be the only one able to work on them at the shop so I had the upper hand. I had my precision Snap-On screwdriver set that I used and still have it to this day and tinker a little on the clusters parting them out and saving any euro faces or indicator warning pieces for my collection in tool chest. It was so bad with pricing from the outside vendor, that the shop asked me to start doing them myself and I would go to salvage yards to find whatever cluster I could and piece them together and I would do the whole set up for $150.00 Gears and labor of installing them at the price. So what you are selling is a bargain!!! I am so glad I know you are on here. Please email me at bmwextremeparts@yahoo.com. I am intrested in vendor or wholesale pricing as I have a bmw parts/car project business license and I would be intrested in multiple sets, Of VDO and motometer. So I can start fixing them for some of my customers and 2 bmws shops that I deal with and know very well. issues or no issues from what people may say, those look to be better then oem and a steal of a price! Just from the prior knowledge and exsperiance I have with this area over a 20 year spand. BMWEXTREMEGUY SHAWN
        Last edited by bmwextremeguy; 11-10-2012, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwextremeguy View Post
          WOW!!! Holy SHIT!! Are you kidding me? Garagistic, (excuse my language) $20-30 dollars for just the gears, that is stealing them with a evil grin :). I remember over 10 years ago when I was working at a independant bmw repair shop there was a vendor that the shop used for fixing clusters and he charged us over $100 to $150 for just the gears to install them in cluster or any repairs was $250 plus.So when I had a car I bought and fixing small things to sell I would fix the cluster myself. And the owner of the shop saw me doing it. And I seemed to be the only one able to work on them at the shop so I had the upper hand. I had my precision Snap-On screwdriver set that I used and still have it to this day and tinker a little on the clusters parting them out and saving any euro faces or indicator warning pieces for my collection in tool chest. It was so bad with pricing from the outside vendor, that the shop asked me to start doing them myself and I would go to salvage yards to find whatever cluster I could and piece them together and I would do the whole set up for $150.00 Gears and labor of installing them at the price. So what you are selling is a bargain!!! I am so glad I know you are on here. Please email me at bmwextremeparts@yahoo.com. I am intrested in vendor or wholesale pricing as I have a bmw parts/car project business license and I would be intrested in multiple sets, Of VDO and motometer. So I can start fixing them for some of my customers and 2 bmws shops that I deal with and know very well. issues or no issues from what people may say, those look to be better then oem and a steal of a price! Just from the prior knowledge and exsperiance I have with this area over a 20 year spand. BMWEXTREMEGUY SHAWN
          PM sent.

Comment

Installed mine earlier this year. Still working great to this day.
            1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
            2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
            2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Uh, sir, the set of gears has been available for $80 (if not less) for a VERY long time. Garagistic's price is great, but if you were paying $150 for gears, whoever was doing the buying didn't look very hard.

Comment

Just installed mine a few days ago and working great
                Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

I bought these without the discount because I didn't do my research....but they were still reasonably priced and the gears are working great. Recommended!
                  Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Just bought mine, thanks for not ripping people off! Great deal!
                    84 318, 86 325ES, 85 325E. 89 325IS,
                    89 BMW 325is Turbo - 8.02@85mph 1/8th

90 VW Golf, 01 VW TDI Jetta
                    98 VW GTI VR6 - 11.679@117.58mph Timeslip
                    96 VW GTI VR6 - 7.63@97mph

www.lugtronic.com

Comment

All orders shipped! Tracking numbers sent too.

Comment

Found my answer. Great product btw!
                        Last edited by elbrack; 08-11-2013, 05:19 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

Comment

To everyone who has tried our odometer gears (or any of our products) we would really appreciate your feedback/reviews/opinions.

We would appreciate it if you went to store.garagistic.com, found the product you purchased and left a review under the review tab. We would really appreciate it! Thank you.

Comment

Review submitted.

Installed the gears a year ago and still working perfectly. Thank you for a great product and an equally good tutorial.

Comment

I bought mine off ebay without the discount as well, but they were super helpful and they work perfectly. I made sure the spacers were inserted correctly (I used their business card as a sort of feeler gauge) and then tested it by rotating the gears for a while (but then I obviously put it back to the correct mileage).

Their video helped immensely with getting the E1 gear off and putting everything back together. It's an easy project that anyone can do, there's really no more excuse for broken odometers with this inexpensive kit. Thanks!
                              1992 325ic, Alpine over Indigo.

Comment

Just read the thread and will order tomorrow. Just need to determine which cluster I have moto or vdo. I saw on another thread that the description on the face isnt necessarily accurate.

Comment

Working...
                                X