Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a high School incident be relevant 35 years later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    The difference is Bill Cosby was arrested, went to trial, and was convicted of the charges.

But I can see how that's just a minor detail.
    after how many years? did you think that process was going to take a few weeks for some reason?
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      after how many years? did you think that process was going to take a few weeks for some reason?
      Nope, but it didn't matter anyway.

People like Feinstein came out and said they were going to vote against him REGARDLESS of the outcome of the investigation.

That's why the focus has turned from the accusers, and the many questionable details, to "He's an alcoholic."

And now to the Supreme Court case regarding Double Jeopardy.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Gamble v. US
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

People like Feinstein came out and said they were going to vote against him REGARDLESS of the outcome of the investigation
          Bingo, and why this has never been about vetting Kavanaugh or the truth.
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
            Bingo, and why this has never been about vetting Kavanaugh or the truth.
            Considering he lied in his job interview quite a few times I don't think Feinsteins position is really that wrong anymore.

Also lmao how this is a great offense to you now, but was part of the game when Garland was a nominee.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

You know, I would never wish being falsely accused of something so heinous on ANYONE. EVER. This whole thing is such bullshit. This is opening the door for a HELL of a lot more than some of you think. Usually, I'm not with the right on a lot of topics, but this resonates with me deeply. I keep hearing from left friends on Facebook, "Timing is Everything". It is. They didn't want him in that seat. Timing was also everything when I had to go to the police station and talk about an event that never happened, right after someone got a visit from DCF (BTW, we had one too. They have to visit both parents' homes.) Guess what? She never pursued it(nothing to pursue). She was just mad and wanted to hurt me. All she would've had to do was plaster it on Facebook and my name in my hometown would've been garbage. My family would take part of that hit. Every opportunity I would later have would be based on whether someone thought I did it or not. Do I like what K stands for and his views? No. But, I'll be damned if I'm going to support this fucking witch hunt and the obvious problems that will come forth. If he is proven innocent and she's lying, I hope he sues her ass.
              88 325i Cabrio
              04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                You know, I would never wish being falsely accused of something so heinous on ANYONE. EVER. This whole thing is such bullshit. This is opening the door for a HELL of a lot more than some of you think. Usually, I'm not with the right on a lot of topics, but this resonates with me deeply. I keep hearing from left friends on Facebook, "Timing is Everything". It is. They didn't want him in that seat. Timing was also everything when I had to go to the police station and talk about an event that never happened, right after someone got a visit from DCF (BTW, we had one too. They have to visit both parents' homes.) Guess what? She never pursued it(nothing to pursue). She was just mad and wanted to hurt me. All she would've had to do was plaster it on Facebook and my name in my hometown would've been garbage. My family would take part of that hit. Every opportunity I would later have would be based on whether someone thought I did it or not. Do I like what K stands for and his views? No. But, I'll be damned if I'm going to support this fucking witch hunt and the obvious problems that will come forth. If he is proven innocent and she's lying, I hope he sues her ass.
                It's a good thing the white House ordered a fake FBI investigation so we could find out the truth.
                willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                  It's a good thing the white House ordered a fake FBI investigation so we could find out the truth.
                  Troll
                  “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                    Troll
                    I definitely think in investigation into the recording of the Job Interview we all got to watch was thorough and got us somewhere meaningful.

Get your mouth off McConnels Dick dude.
                    willschnitz

Comment

Well I hope they do keep investigating, as it keeps turning up more information that may have Fords lawyers disbarred and worse. Witness tampering and perjury all look to be on the table the deeper they investigate. If there is enough evidence, throw the book at em, along with the intern who doxed senators.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                        Well I hope they do keep investigating, as it keeps turning up more information that may have Fords lawyers disbarred and worse. Witness tampering and perjury all look to be on the table the deeper they investigate. If there is enough evidence, throw the book at em, along with the intern who doxed senators.
                        i am fine with senators getting doxxed. remember the part where they're public servants? i like my public servants at least slightly worried about the public they serve.
                        past:
                        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:
                        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                          i am fine with senators getting doxxed. remember the part where they're public servants? i like my public servants at least slightly worried about the public they serve.
                          Yes, because their families deserve to be harassed in public and endangered by idiots like yourself because you don't agree with their political views

Anyone remember the good old days when you would vote against politicians you disagreed with? Now you have a bunch of skinny jean wearing, trash can throwing morons harassing people in restaurants and posting their addresses online like a bunch of degenerate fucks.
                          Last edited by Ryan...; 10-09-2018, 07:38 PM.
                          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

^I agree with much of your sentiment Ryan. But I do suppose there will always be "countercultures" to throw trash cans and harass politicians. That is nothing new really. Harassing their families goes way over the line, but is also nothing new I guess. Watched many documentaries where death threat letters to families were read from different points in history.

But I also long for the good old days before CU when individual votes might have felt a little more representative of the voting public. Now the PACs buy so much air time and run such misleading ads that the signal to noise ratio is so low it's ridiculous. Political ads should only be able to show your beneficiary's position. OR, if an "attack" ad, it should be required to be at least 5 minutes long so as to actually explain something. 35 seconds is not enough time to explain the intricacies of a local proposition let alone the positions of a rep for Congress or POTUS.
                            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                            -----------------------------------------
                            91 318is Turbo Sold
                            87 325 Daily driver Sold
                            06 4.8is X5
                            06 Mtec X3
                            05 4.4i X5 Sold
                            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                            90 325i Sold
                            97 328is Sold
                            01 323ci Sold
                            92 325i Sold
                            83 528e Totaled
                            98 328i Sold
                            93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              Considering he lied in his job interview quite a few times I don't think Feinsteins position is really that wrong anymore.

Also lmao how this is a great offense to you now, but was part of the game when Garland was a nominee.
                              I believe you’re the only one saying he lied, certainly your progressive friends in the media didn’t run with it.

Garland never was given a “job interview” as the Republicans followed precedent established by none other than Joe “bite me” Biden and the Democrats in I believe 1992, that a president doesn’t get his nominee voted on in the last year of his term.

It’s sorta like Harry Rief eliminating the filibuster, what goes around comes around.

And at least for those that don’t follow politics, they got to see the democrats in all their despicable glory. Maybe the democrats should think about inspiring people to follow them and their ideas instead of separation and character assasination

Life is a bitch
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                                ^I agree with much of your sentiment Ryan. But I do suppose there will always be "countercultures" to throw trash cans and harass politicians. That is nothing new really. Harassing their families goes way over the line, but is also nothing new I guess. Watched many documentaries where death threat letters to families were read from different points in history.

But I also long for the good old days before CU when individual votes might have felt a little more representative of the voting public. Now the PACs buy so much air time and run such misleading ads that the signal to noise ratio is so low it's ridiculous. Political ads should only be able to show your beneficiary's position. OR, if an "attack" ad, it should be required to be at least 5 minutes long so as to actually explain something. 35 seconds is not enough time to explain the intricacies of a local proposition let alone the positions of a rep for Congress or POTUS.
                                I understand the existence of counter-cultures, but like you said, the part that irritates me is that they now seem to think that families are now acceptable "targets" simply because they don't agree with a politician. Hell, even releasing their addresses is off limits in my opinion.

Just because I disagree with people doing their job doesn't mean I have the right to go to their house, or release their personal address to a bunch of autistic fanatics that may actually plan to do them harm. Give them the address to their office, that's fair enough as it's already going to be public record somewhere, and dealing with the public should be a part of any politicians job, ON THE CLOCK.
                                2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Working...
                                X