Need a new fuel pump electrical connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new fuel pump electrical connector

The female electrical connector that plugs onto the two prongs of my fuel pump (E30 M42, in tank, under rear seat) is cracked and falls off sometimes. This is the straight connector that provides power to the fuel pump. Anyone know where to buy a new one, part number, or other ideas on what new parts can replace the old one?

61131378408 for the connector housing. Get a few of them as they always are broken on E30s, just look under the hood. Rubber boot is unknown....could never find it anywhere.

If the actual wires/connectors are busted (they are sealed connectors), you would need 2 of these (inside the above mentioned housing) - 61130007442 (larges gauge wire) or 61130007441

Comment

Isn't it the same as the connector for the brake fluid level sensor? If so it would be easy to find a boot in the JY.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        isn't it the same as the connector for the brake fluid level sensor? If so it would be easy to find a boot in the jy.
        jy?

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
          jy?
          Junkyard

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
            61131378408 for the connector housing. Get a few of them as they always are broken on E30s, just look under the hood. Rubber boot is unknown....could never find it anywhere.

If the actual wires/connectors are busted (they are sealed connectors), you would need 2 of these (inside the above mentioned housing) - 61130007442 (larges gauge wire) or 61130007441
            Thanks for the part numbers. I gambled last week and ordered two of the 61130007441 connectors. My old ones crumbled apart and were covered in gunk. The new ones fit snugly onto the fuel pump's pins, and I'm going to try to connect the new wire connectors into the existing wires after I pick up some heat shrink butt connectors.

I'll see if I can get by without the connector housing 61131378408 for now.

Comment

Originally posted by the_thryll View Post
              Thanks for the part numbers. I gambled last week and ordered two of the 61130007441 connectors. My old ones crumbled apart and were covered in gunk. The new ones fit snugly onto the fuel pump's pins, and I'm going to try to connect the new wire connectors into the existing wires after I pick up some heat shrink butt connectors.

I'll see if I can get by without the connector housing 61131378408 for now.
              Do it right, it's a $3 part you are talking about

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, those will vibrate off in no time and you'll be stuck on the side of the road.

It's a $4 part. Why would you not replace it?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post

It's a $4 part.
                  $3.12

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                    Yeah, those will vibrate off in no time and you'll be stuck on the side of the road.

It's a $4 part. Why would you not replace it?
                    Haha, I may be thrifty but am not that cheap, although now I can see how I set myself up for the deserved criticism! It's matter of time, not cost. Car just needs to be driven to a different parking area now. Couldn't find a new part on island, so it'll need to be shipped in.

Thanks for the heads up, I do not want to be the source of a traffic jam.

Comment

Its a plastic piece to keep things from touching the connectors. Squeeze the female plugs a little bit so it fits the fuel pump more snug

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9E763128-B235-45AF-8DDC-4C7475FD00AB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	7198514I’m replacing fuel pump motor. Is there a special connector i need to use for new pump? I tried soldering but its not going so well. It’s probably a bad idea too.
                        Any help would be appreciated.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X