Lseat.com Leather Seat Covers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
    You have to chose the convertible seat with the horizontal lines. The vertical seat line covers use a different style foam to accommodate the vertical lines.
    Ah man so there wouldn't be any way for me to get the fronts to match the backs in terms of horizontal / vertical lines?

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
    Those seats look pretty nice. If you don’t have any large tears Ayou should just buy a leather refinishing kit and clean up the leather and cracks.
    They are super dry, whats photo'd is the passenger side. The drivers side is where it is ripping. it isn't bad to be honest, its not like there is foam falling apart here there everywhere but would rather sort it before it got bad

Untitled by Ben Walsh, on Flickr

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

Originally posted by benwalsh91 View Post
      Ah man so there wouldn't be any way for me to get the fronts to match the backs in terms of horizontal / vertical lines?

They are super dry, whats photo'd is the passenger side. The drivers side is where it is ripping. it isn't bad to be honest, its not like there is foam falling apart here there everywhere but would rather sort it before it got bad

Contact brutus about getting some vertical sport seat foam.

http://www.arghon.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boomer View Post
        Contact brutus about getting some vertical sport seat foam.
        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/member.php?u=101714
        perfect thank you!! he may do some other bits that i am after too. i need carpet but needs to be LHD... I have noticed he is also in London which is handy!

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

Originally posted by benwalsh91 View Post
          perfect thank you!! he may do some other bits that i am after too. i need carpet but needs to be LHD... I have noticed he is also in London which is handy!
          You're welcome.

http://www.arghon.com/

Comment

Help Removing the back seatbelt holster

I have done the bottom parts of my seat with the Lseat covers and has turned out pretty good. For the back support piece there is the seatblet buckle holder which needs to be removed, I think... I need guidance in removing the seatbelt buckle holster, for lack of a better term. I saw a guy use what looked like WD40 in a video. Looks like they are toothed bolts. I do not want to break the buckle holster part and am at the point where I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Any other suggestions or advice? Thanks.

I will post some before and after photos later, so far I am impressed with the product.

Comment

Buckle Holder

Here's a photo of the part:
              Attached Files

Comment

sooo im gathering stuff to replace the leather seats on my sport seats and was wondering what kind of paste/glue you guys are using to glue on the leather for the back rest?

Comment

I used a can of DAP contact cement and a bunch of clamps around the edges. Some like spray adhesive but I liked working with the tacky contact cement better.

Last edited by reelizmpro; 01-06-2020, 12:01 AM.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Has anybody done Recaros with Lseat covers? Looking to do my SR-Ds adn hoping I can get it to come out as nice as those who have done sport seats

Comment

I just finished with Lseat.com reupholstery.
                      gratifying job.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I was going to pick up a pair of leather STi seats for my coupe but this has convinced me otherwise and it's cheaper! Well done to those of you who have done this.
                        09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
                        05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
                        87 BMW 325is
                        a few bicycles

Comment

anyone add any foam to make it thicker and fuller?

Comment

anyone have trouble getting the top half bolsters of leathers to go on? such a pain, im not even close to get them on the spikes.
                            i steamed the foam, i hope thats not my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mannyuk View Post
                              I just finished with Lseat.com reupholstery.
                              gratifying job.
                              Hello mannyuk,

You have done a great job with your interior. Which color option did you actually choose? Also would you be able to post some more pictures under different lighting conditions? I am asking since I am most likely going to jump on the lseat train as well. Already got my swatch sample, however, I am having issues with determining which is the closest lseat color option to the 0295 Natur OEM leather, link here. Depending on the lseat options I might as well choose an lseat color closer to 0206 Pearl beige. I am doubtful because I haven't had the chance to make a real-life, side-by-side comparison of the lseat options against the OEM colors.

Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated!

Stay safe and love your E30s!

Comment

I ordered my set in two phases. Here’s my experience with Lseat:
                                Turns out their lead time is 3-4 weeks, they don’t answer phone or return calls and only answer emails with a weekly delay. So communication isn’t their strong suit.
                                The first set I ordered was a good match to my m3 grey interior. I selected the leather based off their swatch but the stitching color had to be matched off the computer screen.
                                Once the rear set was done I ordered the fronts. I received a non matching gray leather and non matching stitching (makes me think they just send you what they have laying around) This grey wasn’t even on the swatch. First, they expected me to pay for shipping. A week later they admitted fault but made me wait until the wrong product shipped back. Then I received another set, this time the stitching was wrong only. It’s some kind of reflective silver instead of the gray. At this point I threw in the towel.
                                No apologies all along. I now installed non matching stitching in my m3 restoration. I’d be less upset if it were me 325e.
                                The product is good fit and MOSTLY real leather. Side pieces are vinyl and I think it’s common in the upholstery world. The back cover still comes with extra foam, which I just left out. (Another evidence how poorly this company responds to customer feedback).
                                Overall, “A-“ for product and price, “F” for customer service.

Comment

Working...
                                X