E30 #2: 1990 Delphin: RHD ITB M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    where did you find the block / manifold part for the rear brake hard lines? been looking for that piece myself for the IX.. or is it just your car is totally rust free lol
    They are still available new for about $15-20.

john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

where did you find the block / manifold part for the rear brake hard lines? been looking for that piece myself for the IX.. or is it just your car is totally rust free lol
      John beat me to it. Off the shelf, shouldn't be too much trouble.

Originally posted by wworm View Post
      New toys are always good. Looks like you have quite a cool collection growing there. 911 or 912? Is that a celica in the back?
      I wish! The 02 is the only recent pick up, the rest are just friends with good taste.
      sigpic

Comment

thx guys. good news re availability. not sure how I missed it in realoem.
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Whoa! You got yourself a 02. Nice! My goal is to get mine to Vintage. What about yours?

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
            Whoa! You got yourself a 02. Nice! My goal is to get mine to Vintage. What about yours?
            Kinda conflicted. I want to get it driveable to get me through a major engine service on the E30 and then who knows, maybe sell her on to someone with more resources for a restoration since it's so intact. But then again it has lots of appeal as a city car

Would like to get the E30 to the Vintage as well though. Needs a TBelt, Water Pump, and lots of little projects I've been putting off.

Finally found seats! I've been wanting to get back to full leather for a while. Interior should be sorted after I get the wheel rewrapped. SE's will be for sale.
            Last edited by 318aye; 02-22-2018, 02:49 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Sooooo. Seats showed up. Basically charcoal grey. Going to have to dye them to match the interior. Getting those in with Massive's brackets, a new Jackie Ickx Momo and a Condor knob before The Vintage.

Achieved nothing I wanted to mechanically this winter. Would still really like to revise the ride height and alignment settings. Interior/Exterior shouldn't need much for a while.

Meh.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry if you posted it already but what muffler are you using? Looks awesome!

-NICK

Comment

There are two vibrant resonators, no real mufflers yet. They're both straight through cans.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                    They are still available new for about $15-20.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=34_0153
                    Are you talking about this part?

Comment

I was hoping to make the vintage this year but its not looking like it. Are you joining in on the picnic caravan though?

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                        Yup. Except I get them from the local delivery supplier for few dollars more :)

That same part works great to delete the stock rear bias valve. Remove valve, install tee, then use a 10mmx1.0 bubble flare male brake plug (e30 ABS masters all have them).

They also are good to have if you are running data acquisition in your race car. Instead of the plug on that tee, use a metric to SAE adapter and your pedal pressure sensor will thread right in.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                          I was hoping to make the vintage this year but its not looking like it. Are you joining in on the picnic caravan though?
                          Bummer man, was hoping to pic your brain on some photography stuff.

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                          Yup. Except I get them from the local delivery supplier for few dollars more :)

That same part works great to delete the stock rear bias valve. Remove valve, install tee, then use a 10mmx1.0 bubble flare male brake plug (e30 ABS masters all have them).

They also are good to have if you are running data acquisition in your race car. Instead of the plug on that tee, use a metric to SAE adapter and your pedal pressure sensor will thread right in.
                          Good to know, have some chump car friends that need instrumentation.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 318aye View Post

Bummer man, was hoping to pic your brain on some photography stuff.
                            3,000 mile rode trip for a car that is still awaiting an engine swap was just too risky for me lol. Feel free to message any questions you may have!

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

What'd you use as a base tune for your MS setup when you installed the ITBs? Did it just run on the provided M20 base map? Or did you start with something else?

Comment

Originally posted by spec-al View Post
                                What'd you use as a base tune for your MS setup when you installed the ITBs? Did it just run on the provided M20 base map? Or did you start with something else?
                                I used Keith's basemap and roughed in the fuel for my drive to the dyno. Kept the timing conservative. Happy to send it along if you'd like.

Got a few accent pieces in today. Still trying to sort out my seat scenario in time for the Vintage :( Really liking the Condor shorty.

Last edited by 318aye; 04-18-2018, 01:24 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X