No announcement yet.

e30 Keyless Entry (Sold Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome price, whats the deal with cutting key and wiring it up? Alot of places wont cut BMW keys as the material is too hard. Will order 1 as soon as I know the deal.

Comment

Can we get some more photos of the fob?

I wish you had a kit without the key integrated. I'm not a fan of that flippy doodad.
      alexw
      (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
      Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Comment

The GE keyless entry has probably been one of the best mods done to my car...absolutely love it, since I daily my car. Nigel had the keys cut...so PM him about getting that done.

Comment

Great product! I linked the site to a local community. If I didn't already have keyless I would be all over it.
          -tim
          Originally posted by Jordan
          I like the stance
          -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

I love that satisfied feeling of money well spent, thanks ;)
            As for the key blanks, last time i broke my key in the E30 the locksmith made me a key and gave me my "key code". He said I should be able to take that to any locksmith and have them cut me a key, the one he made from it was smooth as butter.

Comment

I have a local Stanley lock distributor who cuts them for me at $6 per blank. I would need you to provide me with a clean spare key in order to have them cut. I'll also post up an instructional video on how to remove the key blade as some key cutters will not cut them or will ask for $20 per key to cut them because they are a "special key". I'm off to office depot for some printing paper and then to the post office to get these orders out. If you want to send me your blank please email me asap.

newgermanengineering at gmail dot com.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Very interested!

My central lock isn't working as it needs to. Is this something that needs to be addressed for the keyless entry to work properly?

Comment

Yes. The remote entry triggers your central locking unit. As long as your central locking can be triggered in either the trunk or drivers door then the unit will work properly. Otherwise you may need to replace your central locking brain.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

I have a couple central locking units for those who need them. Troubleshooting the central locking is tedious so make sure yours is bad.
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

OK..now Im in. I would like the link to the instructional video so i can get the key cut.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                        I have a couple central locking units for those who need them. Troubleshooting the central locking is tedious so make sure yours is bad.
                        PM'ed

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                          Yes. The remote entry triggers your central locking unit. As long as your central locking can be triggered in either the trunk or drivers door then the unit will work properly. Otherwise you may need to replace your central locking brain.
                          The trunk triggers both front doors. I take it I'm safe then?

Comment

I pony'ed up!!!! Great Price!! especially after the coupon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospec View Post
                              The trunk triggers both front doors. I take it I'm safe then?
                              Your golden. Its your drivers door key assembly that's messed up and not your central locking. There is a metal arm on the back of the lock cylinder for the drivers door that always cracks and breaks. If you ever want to fix it that's most likely what you'll need to replace. Although you don't have to.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Another question... will we have the option of having the lights and/or horn sound when remote is triggered?

Comment

Working...
                                X