Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Powling View Post
    LinkedIn is the worst these days. Its nothing but people pumping their own tires about how good of humans they are. Honestly, all I see there these days are people solely doing things so they can brag about it to their LinkedIn network.

We get it, you like reposting inspirational speeches from 'entrepreneurs' whose sole job is to do inspirational speeches on how their life is so much better than yours. Now piss off and go do some actual work.

End rant.
    Amen.

No LinkedIn for me.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Just had this same discussion with someone here at work lol.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

LinkedIn is the worst these days. Its nothing but people pumping their own tires about how good of humans they are. Honestly, all I see there these days are people solely doing things so they can brag about it to their LinkedIn network.

We get it, you like reposting inspirational speeches from 'entrepreneurs' whose sole job is to do inspirational speeches on how their life is so much better than yours. Now piss off and go do some actual work.

End rant.

You’re certainly not wrong. I’m sick of all of that and have continued to unfollowed appropriately. But due to the nature of my job, I do need to use the site, just gotta filter out all of the

“Steve jobs said a thing 15yrs ago, and you should live by it” bullshit

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
        Sounds like you need a massage.
        Originally posted by kpeng
        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Or frickin recruiters.

So tired of wasting time with them, and 9 out of 10 times they’re trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

What’s worse is I get multiple recruiting agencies trying to hire for the same company. No, I’m not going to commute to Intel..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

The messages recruiters send me...my god.

My favorite to date was

Subject: “You’re a wizard Harry...”

First line: “A finance wizard!”

Man, I’d kick my own ass if I sent that to someone.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
            Sounds like you need a massage.
            Originally posted by kpeng
            Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
              The messages recruiters send me...my god.

My favorite to date was

Subject: “You’re a wizard Harry...”

First line: “A finance wizard!”

Man, I’d kick my own ass if I sent that to someone.

Unreal the amount of crap I get from LinkedIn. This one is at least memorable and worthy of a self-ass-kicking.

IDK about y'all, but I remember the days when it was waaaaaaay more job seekers than recruiters. I was in b-school through the dotcom crash and 9/11, graduated into a slow-ass labor market and took years to catch up. Labor market is extremely tight right now, wages going up, etc. It's stupid hard to find good people. It won't always be like this so take advantage while you can. No excuses for lame Successories(TM) quotes, though.

(Well that makes me feel old.)

ALL of that said I think a career thread (if there isn't one already) makes sense for R3v'ers.

Successories offers a wide range of custom gifts. Show appreciation for your team and employees with our fun, inspirational corporate gifts and custom awards!
              Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
              The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
              The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
              The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

I concur on LinkedIn, as well as facebook. Clown show.

Comment

I do all of my networking in the YouTube comments section.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                    240s are a great V8 swap platform once you get past the fact that you'll need a new rear end to put up with the power.
                    I was under the belief that a solid live axle rear end should be adequate enough to handle the power.
                    :???:

End rant.
                    Are you referring to LinkedIn or Facebook?

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    :nice:
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Lol, I always forget about LinkedIN until I get a message from someone trying to head hunt or invite me to a conference.
                      I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                        Lol, I always forget about LinkedIN until I get a message from someone trying to head hunt or invite me to a conference.
                        ...or "do you know Such N Such?"

I signed in there years ago, but being self employed, not much to offer. lol
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                          I was under the belief that a solid live axle rear end should be adequate enough to handle the power.
                          It's fairly common to twist the axles off at the splines if you have any traction to go along with V8 torque. Aftermarket axles are available at significant cost, and a Ford 8.8" out of an explorer is another common solution, though it is offset and requires a bit of modification.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 1-26

Comment

There was a great book about Chevy TPI swaps that I used to have and the writer was all about Volvo for swap candidates. I wish I knew where my copy of that book went but it was pretty much an end to end how to. Obviously now if you’re going through the trouble, you’d go LSx, but it’s not a foreign concept to swap an American V8 into a Swedish econobox.

As far as job hunting, Indeed is where my last few successful job leads have come from. Usually those listings are put up by the companies directly and the hiring manager. I just scored a new position through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                              All the mom's you bone.
                              So, so, so many mom's.
                              I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                                All the mom's you bone.
                                So, so, so many mom's.

Thank you for being on topic unlike the last few posts in the thread formerly known as Nonsense. Now get back to working on your inside out, driving cantaloupe.

Comment

Working...
                                X