M52b28 Swap - No Spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M52b28 Swap - No Spark

Hi guys! I'm finally getting the starter to crank, but now I'm not getting any spark. The injectors are firing and the fuel lines are connected correctly. I have new spark plugs in as well. The crank position sensor is connected, but has not been tested (not sure if you can). All grounds are attached. Anyone know what the issue could be?
    Thanks!

What year is your car? Try unplugging your OBC, the immobilizer could have been tripped. This caused a no start for me on my swap. Has your EWS been flashed out?

Comment

I'll try it. The EWS has been flashed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Running ODB2? Hopefully- if so, the logs should help out. If ODB1, could possibly be the crank or cam sensor as I've seen them start to be wonky. Or your wiring is incorrect somewhere. Trace the wires, even if EWS is flashed out- the "13 button OBC" code function could be tripping you up, as it was mentioned by exhaust above. I had the same issue and had to unplug/replug some ignition wires on the e30 side to override the function.
        555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
        '95 BMW e34 525i
        '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
        '92 Range Rover Classic
        '90 Range Rover Classic
        '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
        '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
        '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
        '67 Pontiac LeMans
        '24 Model T Depot Hack
        ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

Originally posted by Klug View Post
          Running ODB2? Hopefully- if so, the logs should help out. If ODB1, could possibly be the crank or cam sensor as I've seen them start to be wonky. Or your wiring is incorrect somewhere. Trace the wires, even if EWS is flashed out- the "13 button OBC" code function could be tripping you up, as it was mentioned by exhaust above. I had the same issue and had to unplug/replug some ignition wires on the e30 side to override the function.

Yep, OBD2. I have the harness OBD2 adapter on order so I can read codes. I'm getting a check engine light now so it could be anything. I'm going to test the crank position sensor as well and check that off the list. I'll try what you and exhaust said to do today also. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X