R3V Students thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R3V Students thread

I have a pretty lengthy midterm for my college's core class next Monday.
    Have all the reading, lecture summaries, pictures to id, etc...its comprised of eight sections, blah blah blah.

Do any of you guys have good studying strategies to recommend?
    Looking for something fresh.

Muchas gracias.
    Last edited by freeride53; 05-23-2013, 06:59 PM.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Just get some Adderall, stuff works.
    sigpic

Comment

seriously depends on the material

For any of my non-engineering classes (like life science courses/philosophy), I found that just rewriting the material/slides kept me awake and helped me remembered shit.

For all of my engineering classes requiring problem solving, the only way to get better was to practice doing the problems.
      2008 335i - n54b30
      1991 318i - m52b28
      1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

Group study. If you can't talk about the material proficiently, you don't know it as well as you think you do.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

What's the subject?
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I study with classical music or piano sonatas. It kinda calms me down
            Last edited by 1fastETA; 11-11-2011, 05:55 PM. Reason: None

Comment

Study Rule # 1: Don't go on r3v.

Comment

Fuck studying. Party hard.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Don't procrasti.....
                  Ich bin erstaunlich!

Comment

Study with groups. And go talk to the prof with any questions you have. Unless he's a complete dick, most prof's I have dealt with enjoy it when you come to them with questions.

Oh and as much mentioned, don't procrastinate. I'm seriously guilty of that. And don't have R3V or FB open while you are trying to study, you won't get shit done.

Comment

Study rule #2: girlfriend around you just leads to more sex than study. Fuk it I'll have the sex!

Comment

I've never studied. If a person studies, they worry more. More worry = worse grade.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                          I've never studied. If a person studies, they worry more. More worry = worse grade.
                          So you are saying studying = worse grade. I dont agree.

I find the group study or at least reading the material out loud and trying to say it in my own words helps.

Vinyl Lettering

Comment

I never did a whole lot of studying in school, maybe an hour or two the night before, so perhaps I'm not the guy to ask however:

1)Doing the assigned homework usually cut down on required study time substantially
                            3)Knowing when to stop studying and start sleeping so you were sharp for the test made a big difference
                            3)Knowing the priorities of the professor so you don't waste much time studying stuff that either won't appear on the test or will have low point value

The above pertains to science and engineering, all bets are off for essays and crap.
                            sigpic
                            "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                              What's the subject?
                              "Making of the Modern World." Basically a History class.
                              On this Midterm, we will be covering:
                              -Ancient Egypt, and little on how it relates to greece
                              -Mesopotamia/Babylon/Etc..
                              -India, Buddhism briefly
                              -China briefly

My main reason for studying so hard for my round #2 of midterms is because quite simply, I fucked up all of my first midterms. This was due to my health/mental state (had a severe heat stroke week 2 of college), and was distracted with partying hard and beezies...not to mention, never lived away from home before. My goal is to flip that all around, and prevail this quarter.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                              X