E30 car values auto vs manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
    I'm with you but I can't bring myself to sign on for an auto to manual swap. Seems like a lot of work when for about the same money you can just get a manual trans car.
    I would agree, but typically a manual E30 will see redline daily, while an auto may not see that but once a week, if that

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
      I would agree, but typically a manual E30 will see redline daily, while an auto may not see that but once a week, if that
      so you're saying the parts car I buy next should be an automatic?
      - Josh
      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
      Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Originally posted by VAE30FTW View Post
        I'm thinking for a car that passes my states inspection and emmisions. with the suspension fixed up and not a single vibration when driving I was thinking $2000.00

Won't pass now due to bad Control Arms.

Car had some Intrax sway bars that were overkill with no reinforcements. So selling those and fitting some stock ones back in. Lowered on Eibach sport springs and Bilstein Sports
        I'd say 2k is reasonable with the auto then. Depending on the body, I would probably pay that, and I laugh at most of the car prices on here.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

This exactly. My auto e28 would shift at 3.5k when you pushed it, lol, and you couldn't push it that hard.

Slapping a 5sp in that car was the best thing ever.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Keep in mind that there are tons of drivers who have never seen a stick shift in their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
              LOL brilliant

Comment

I personally wouldn't want to buy an auto trans on a car this old.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthBayE30 View Post
                  I personally wouldn't want to buy an auto trans on a car this old.
                  My expectation is an immediate 5 speed swap. Autos suck more than a 50 year old whore.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

I totally agree w stereoinstaller, auto car then swap.

WAYYYYY less rpms over the cars life in an auto

Comment

Autos suck more than a 50 year old whore.
                      Is that a lot or a little? I dunno about you, but if something that resembled a 50-year-old woman with a few hard decades of whorin' under her belt came at me, I don't think I'd hang around for a blowjob.
                      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                        Is that a lot or a little? I dunno about you, but if something that resembled a 50-year-old woman with a few hard decades of whorin' under her belt came at me, I don't think I'd hang around for a blowjob.

then you aren't hanging around the right milfs sir!
                        high end gyms and grocery stores are where its at! damn i'd kill for a slice of soccer mom right about now

Comment

thread, derailed.

My work here is done

Closing SOON!

Comment

I think the question is who do you want to sell it to? Where do you want to sell it? If it is on here, then yea, conversion is probably going to make is sell faster... do you already have the parts? If not, then no way it is worth it.

Comment

lol, wtf
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dubdub View Post
                                I think the question is who do you want to sell it to? Where do you want to sell it? If it is on here, then yea, conversion is probably going to make is sell faster... do you already have the parts? If not, then no way it is worth it.
                                Don't have the parts but can get them. I already have a 5sp and in traffic the auto is a perfect daily. So I don't have an immediate need to swap it.

H&R OE Sport Springs - Bilstein HD's - Kosei K1's ET27 - Toyo R888 - ZHP 5spd knob - BavAuto strut bar - DINAN Chip - E30 M3 Offset Bushings - Colgan bra - P-car daily

Comment

Working...
                                X