Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about something done about the spam...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about something done about the spam...

Seriously.
    At this point im having to click on over to page two to get to any real posts...
    Its getting fucking stupid.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    sigpic
    Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Yes, it is fucking stupid.. I agree.

We've put GeoIP in, we've put Akismet blocking in, we've put sillly little pictures in.. I'm working on another solution as well.

Comment

I suggest minimum post count of 20 before you can make a new topic.

Toymods back in the day i think had a minimum of 50! That's a bit extreme though.

Comment

I'll echo what davie suggested. I believe BFC had a similar rule. I know you couldn't post links until you had X amount of posts. Another forum I was on had it set up such that they had a sub forum for introductions that you had to post in before you could post anywhere else.

I recall that a VB upgrade was in the works, but that was over a year ago. Did we drop that idea? Would it have made a difference?

Comment

Our local Euro car forum has a minimum post count, all it does is promote a bunch of one word replies ("cool" / "neat" / "nice") and/or necro thread bumps.

It's arguably worse than spam, since at least 99% of spam can be easily spotted and removed.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Random posts are fine. Toymods akso had a minimum character count per post to attwmpt to combat useless posts.

The spam are automated bots yeah? Wouldnt minimum post count completly stop their antics?

I personally only ever view this forum by "new posts" button, sometimes the whole first post is spam posts!

Comment

Spam are not bots anymore...

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                Spam are not bots anymore...
                2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Working...
                X