e36 lsd in e30 open case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 lsd in e30 open case

I just so happen to have a 3.15 e36 lsd diff. I also have an e30 opon differential. Can I take the internals from the e36 and stuff them into the e30 case? Thank you!

I also want to know

Comment

Are they both 188mm? Is the E30 diff a low(ish) ratio?

My second hand recollection is that low ratios (2.73/2.93) will swap for other
      low ratio gears, but when you cross a line (3.07?) the spacing isn't right- the spools
      are different. But that shouldn't matter too much if you change the center...

No promises here!

t
      Last edited by TobyB; 05-08-2018, 08:21 AM. Reason: learned something since 2014
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Measure the differential width output to output (or if you have the two empty case measure the distance between the side-cover races). If it is the same (or within a couple thousandths) between the e30 open case spindle and the e36 lsd pumpkin the answer is %90 yes.

Bear in mind you will need to set for correct lash with the different center (plan on getting a couple different side-cover shim thicknesses). You do NOT want to just switch centers and go on your way.
        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

bumping this because i'm curious and found a lsd out of a e36 at the pick and pull. OP ever figure this out?

Comment

Working...
          X