Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG.. sweet set up!

Comment

Is there a dramatic difference in running ITB’s with FI?

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

ya, more throttle plates blocking airflow

Comment

So quickie update, running 10.5psi. Will get on the dyno before bimmerfest then move onto testing a slightly larger turbocharger. Have been beating on this car every single week without issue!

Last edited by kamotors; 03-13-2018, 08:27 AM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

I can't wait for dyno numbers, looks amazing as usual.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
              So quickie update, running 10.5psi. Will get on the dyno before bimmerfest then move onto testing a slightly larger turbocharger. Have been beating on this car every single week without issue!

So awesome! I found it funny how on page one they were cracking on you for turboing your automatic transmission. Before I start searching for what happened, how did it hold up? I saw you converted to manual in the photos. I can’t wait to order the 20g kit, I had a fp20g on my bugeye wrx with a jdm 5 speed Sti tranny and boy must I say, no car has put a smile on my face since- until now. Just picked up my first e30 vert and am learning everything about it. Almost ordered the kit with my tax return last week but the wifey had other plans. Great build and I can’t wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieVu View Post
                So awesome! I found it funny how on page one they were cracking on you for turboing your automatic transmission. Before I start searching for what happened, how did it hold up? I saw you converted to manual in the photos. I can’t wait to order the 20g kit, I had a fp20g on my bugeye wrx with a jdm 5 speed Sti tranny and boy must I say, no car has put a smile on my face since- until now. Just picked up my first e30 vert and am learning everything about it. Almost ordered the kit with my tax return last week but the wifey had other plans. Great build and I can’t wait!!

So the automatic ended up losing reverse when cold, and couldn't shift fast enough above 9psi, it would clip the limiter between shifts. Never slipped or anything but enough problems that a 5speed swap was in order. At 7psi the auto shifted well.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                  So the automatic ended up losing reverse when cold, and couldn't shift fast enough above 9psi, it would clip the limiter between shifts. Never slipped or anything but enough problems that a 5speed swap was in order. At 7psi the auto shifted well.

Ah good to know. Good thing I’m piecing my 5 speed swap together for this summer. Was hoping you had blown it up lol

Comment

Quick update, car has been running flawless, no mechanical changes or maintance has been needed other than rear tires soon and oil change. Had some tune issues at radwood but got it all straightened out. Auto-xing on the itb turbo setup is a blast!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7speedshop.com

Comment

Oh and I finished building my 7 series for daily duty. Should be the only 750il in sepang bronze metallic. Started out as a prefacelift 98 750il.

7speedshop.com

Comment

5's and 7's so sweet.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Hey, Cam yes you. Come by and verify your deal. Will split the Dyno cost, but........ I'm fairly certain thin regrind.
                          D's suck doo doo, but it's a 90% sure thj t..

And no, don't mind from aong time map ownrr
                          Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 05-19-2018, 08:27 PM.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                            Hey, Cam yes you. Come by and verify your deal. Will split the Dyno cost, but........ I'm fairly certain thin regrind.
                            D's suck doo doo, but it's a 90% sure thj t..

And no, don't mind from aong time map ownrr
                            Wut...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7speedshop.com

Comment

Posted in wrong thread. :\
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                                Posted in wrong thread. :\
                                Even then...wut?
                                Steve • Toronto
                                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                                Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X