No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes you should, for the amount of outdoor work you do. I almost never pull the cpl, even on cloudy days it will still reduce reflection and glare from almost al surfaces and enhance color from leaves to buildings. plus dependin on what your trying to do it will allow you to put the glare on the surface plane you want it it on. also the effect of the cpl is the only thing you cant do in post.

lastly invest in good ones with a neutral color transmission, like b&w they can be had for reasonable on amzon normally under 80 bucks most common sizes less than 65mm objective. You put cheap filters in front of good glass you totally negate the purpose of buying the good glass
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      lastly invest in good ones with a neutral color transmission, like b&w they can be had for reasonable on amzon normally under 80 bucks most common sizes less than 65mm objective. You put cheap filters in front of good glass you totally negate the purpose of buying the good glass
      Yeah the cheap cpl I used on the 35mm I had on my D3100 produced a ton of chromatic aberration... the b&w one I have on my Sony 50mm gives me none of that.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

20180523-_MG_8064 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
        20180524-_MG_8137 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
        20180524-_MG_8129 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
        Got a CPL from a drawer in my house like yall said. Does help quite a bit.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

So I did it... bought a D810 body. Should be here tomorrow. I'm shooting a classic sailboat race from one of the boats on Saturday. Part of me really wants to take the 810 and my 200-500 lens, but if for some reason that combo ends up in the drink, I'm out like $4500 in equipment, and that would suck. Still, the opportunity for some epic pics makes it very very tempting.

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
            So I did it... bought a D810 body. Should be here tomorrow. I'm shooting a classic sailboat race from one of the boats on Saturday. Part of me really wants to take the 810 and my 200-500 lens, but if for some reason that combo ends up in the drink, I'm out like $4500 in equipment, and that would suck. Still, the opportunity for some epic pics makes it very very tempting.

Will
            Thats actually the alternative to the A7III i was thinking about. But Nikon glass really isnt any cheaper lol.

Hooked a really nice summer job so A7III will happen. Probably going to snag the 50mm 1.8 until Tamrons 24-75mm 2.8 comes out.
            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
              Thats actually the alternative to the A7III i was thinking about. But Nikon glass really isnt any cheaper lol.

Hooked a really nice summer job so A7III will happen. Probably going to snag the 50mm 1.8 until Tamrons 24-75mm 2.8 comes out.
              Buy used. The only lens I have bought new is my 200-500 because at the time they weren't found used.

I'm not sure what the lens selection is like for a Sony, but I bet its not as vast as Nikon. The Tamron lenses also aren't known for being super sharp. I know Ziess makes lenses for the Sonys, but those aren't going to be cheap either. Also, those bodies look really small. Unless you have hands like trumps, shooting all day will give you hand cramps. (Hence the reason I have battery grips on both the 600 and 810.)

Will
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                Buy used. The only lens I have bought new is my 200-500 because at the time they weren't found used.

I'm not sure what the lens selection is like for a Sony, but I bet its not as vast as Nikon. The Tamron lenses also aren't known for being super sharp. I know Ziess makes lenses for the Sonys, but those aren't going to be cheap either. Also, those bodies look really small. Unless you have hands like trumps, shooting all day will give you hand cramps. (Hence the reason I have battery grips on both the 600 and 810.)

Will
                Oh ill be buying a battery grip. The Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 is $800 and nearly as sharp as sonys 24-70 f4 which is why its on my list. I don't doubt sony will start to bring the prices down over time, but the Tamron is easily sharp enough at that price point.

This way I can save money to buy nicer primes when the Sigma Art lineup comes out or buy the 55mm f1.4 Sony Zeiss to replace the 50mm f1.8 later.
                willschnitz

Comment

blue bird by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Nice Bluebird.

Been having fun with some cheap primes lately.

Azalea

Comment

Got my pics from the Beale AFB open house done. Check them out here.

Will
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Ill get over black and white again eventually.

_MG_0281 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        IMG_0062 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        _MG_0342-1 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        IMG_0061 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        _MG_8148 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        IMG_0091 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        willschnitz

Comment

^

Are you still here, I am home at the moment why didnt you say something about swinging through the area

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            ^

Are you still here, I am home at the moment why didnt you say something about swinging through the area
                            Ahh no, I forgot to say I was visiting glacier. Went there over memorial day weekend.

Got some cool pics, but sitting in an uncomfortable rental suv for 10 hours made it only partially worth it.

I think I need to get up to banff sometime this summer.
                            willschnitz

Comment

Gotcha we didn't get back home till Tuesday anyway, next time I guess

William Pitt-

Comment

Future r3v photog meetup in GNP? lol

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
                                X