No announcement yet.

Sina's Classic Peugeot Restoration Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This car is so cool and I loved reading the whole thread. Made me check Belgian craigslist straight away for old P's

it blows my mind that there are Peugeot in the states graveyards but then again, its California! We really don't have that many left in Belgium, most of the larger old sedans and station wagons got exported to Africa. We do have loads of 205's
    Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Originally posted by bostonvert View Post
      This car is so cool and I loved reading the whole thread. Made me check Belgian craigslist straight away for old P's

it blows my mind that there are Peugeot in the states graveyards but then again, its California! We really don't have that many left in Belgium, most of the larger old sedans and station wagons got exported to Africa. We do have loads of 205's

Thank you! Ha - over the years, a lot of African businessmen and import/exporters have come and taken many of our remaining Peugeot's. Many of them have been cut in half, and stuffed into shipping containers, just to be welded back together once reaching African shores. In general, the African used-car trade is crazy. You can easily go somewhere like Nigeria and see a Toyota 4Runner driving around with Texan license plates.

Yesterday, got to take the Peugeot out to a local show (RADwood), which was full of awesome 80s/90s cars and trucks. It was truly overwhelming and awesome, got to see a lot of new and familiar faces which was super rad. Since the E30 is still down at the moment, took the Peugeot with a local Bimmer caravan and had a blast.

Unfortunately, the car developed an annoying misfire on the way out. This week, I'm sourcing a new distributor rotor, distributor cap, ignition coil, spark plug wires, and 4 fresh NGK's. Finding parts for this thing is a real f***ing headache. But I don't care because I'm a kook.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
      X