Help me pick a light duty truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by varg View Post
    That only works if the truck has lived its entire life in no rust land. As for where, everywhere? This is an 80s/early 90s nissan we're talking about, they are practically biodegradable. All of the hardbody trucks I've ever looked at had extensive rocker panel and floor rust, and supposedly frame rust is also a known issue, but I never got that far because I walked away at the sight of the body rust.
    Loled at this bit. Will keep an eye out for rust.
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

the rangers are good trucks. the four cylinder ones are the only ones I have experience with though.

my dad bought 4 of them as company trucks for his plumbing company. I did the maintenance on them (along with the bobcat, ditch witch, and excavator) and those little trucks never gave me any trouble. since the plumbing company did a lot of leak detection for insurance companies, we put a ton of miles on those trucks. usually about 75-85k a year. when dad would sold those trucks, we had about 350k on them and they still ran like new. we didn't tow a bunch with them but they all had 3/4 ladder racks and carried all the equipment and parts we needed or used in them so they always looked like the back was a little low. but they got decent gas mileage and would do 80mph on the highway all day long with the ac on.

when I left the company to work for the army, I traded my dad one of my e30s (for my little brother to have) for the truck I had driven since dad bought it, a 98 mazda b2500. its just a ranger with mazda badges on it. I ended up selling that truck for almost 3k and it had almost exactly 350k miles on it and the only thing I ever had to do that was odd was put a new float on the fuel level sender.

Comment

Working...
      X