Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M30 engine swap

Hi, Noobie here.
    I live in Bermuda, yeah like the bermuda triangle. I just bought a 1990 E30 with a busted engine. So I dont really ant to waste time or money trying to put another M40/M42/M44 or anything in there. Go big or go home. I can see an M30 being perfect for my vision, but here lies my problem. Never had M30 motors here, so i need someone to help me out getting everything i need, save me the time and the money, plus get someone else paid too.

Anybody who can guarantee service and be reputable, lets have it!

to clear a little up aswell, because I'm sure someone out there has done it already. My car is a RHD car and has an automatic transmission.
    want to go manual and even replace rear drum brakes with discs.

Comment

Import a donor car.

Or buy my vert, already swapped.
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Where I live has laws against importing second hand vehicles. Only possible if I ship my E30 away first then import a pre built one with restamped vin numbers. So basically to be as legally righteous as possible I need the parts off the car and shipped to Jersey then ill have it sent here.

Comment

Any companies across the united states that sells rebuilt or performance rebuilt M30 engines? Found a couple that claim to, but checking for hidden gems maybe I havent come across.

Comment

Originally posted by Baxter0808 View Post
            Any companies across the united states that sells rebuilt or performance rebuilt M30 engines? Found a couple that claim to, but checking for hidden gems maybe I havent come across.
            Companies that "rebuild" old BMW motors are usually out to gouge people. If I were you I would contact some one like Mr325 at bimmerheads. He's not cheap, but good.

The other option is to head to the states, and send it back to yourself.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I can't find Mr325 for some reason. But any other suggestions or help would be appreciated.
              I have sourced a few places to get everything I need for a good price. only thing I've yet to find is someone who can rebuild and beef up the motor for me. But of course the more I read the more I become indecisive to go for an M5x motor instead.

Comment

https://bimmerheads.com/ is his sight.

And yea, sounds like local would be best.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                X