Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

regarding the top not folding correctly - there is a bar which links the motor on the pass. side of the car to the top frame. this bar length is adjustable and makes a big difference in how the top folds.
    i have also found tops that open correctly but do not fold right because of broken bolts. when the top opens, it isn't so important since the top "wants" to lay open.. the weight of the front bow tends to align everything where it belongs.
    check all hinge points (on both sides) of the top frame.

Comment

tension straps - these are only rivited in to the top frame at the rear bow (3 rivets on each side). at all other bows, the straps are attached with very short screws.
      at certain angles of the top open/close motion, you can get to most of these screws.
      if you are DIY, it might be worth this method.
      if you are anywhere near close to needing a new top, i suggest to all of my customers to consider the straps at that time. it is much less extra labor to "add" it to the job.

Comment

Well 2 years later time to resurrected again...
        Anybody have any news on how to install a electric top or where to buy..
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rustneversleeps View Post
          Well 2 years later time to resurrected again...
          Anybody have any news on how to install a electric top or where to buy..
          are asking how to install an manual to an auto?

COTM

Comment

as an auto if it available or just to see what all the parts consist of to make it an auto...
            sigpic

Comment

i'm converting my 7/90 build manual top to electric over the next few months. check my vert build thread starting April 2017 for info/pics.
              I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing how you install it....
                So did you start or any link..
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rustneversleeps View Post
                  Looking forward to seeing how you install it....
                  So did you start or any link..
                  I believe it's part of his vert build thread. check here http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...264422&page=29

Comment

Good info to have. Subscribed.
                    sigpic
                    Gun control means using both hands
                    Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHIII View Post
                      I believe it's part of his vert build thread. check here http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...264422&page=29
                      Hey thanks man started reading it yesterday and I'm only at page 5.
                      24 more pages to go.

Originally posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post
                      Good info to have. Subscribed.
                      X2....
                      sigpic

Comment

I would expect more action here in the Vert section, what with Verts gaining some traction in price. Still am amazed that the Oklahoma car went for $21,500 on BaT.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo30V View Post
                          I would expect more action here in the Vert section, what with Verts gaining some traction in price. Still am amazed that the Oklahoma car went for $21,500 on BaT.
                          Ever since photobucket ruined forums the traffic has died.
                          Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

I know, it's really sad. I hope it picks up here. The e30 vert is such a classic.

Comment

I saw that auction. Decided to replace the top on my very. Seems like it’s worth it. I hope at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m following that red Vert on BaT now. Should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X