16x8 Style 5's on Adapters vs Fill and Drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdt10768 View Post
    I bought some Style5 16x8s - drilled/filled/refinished from Paul E. Very happy with the fit and quality. Have to use hubcentric rings, but no big deal. He actually milled the inner face slightly to get the correct offset, perfect. No issues whatsoever, but a bit $$$
    Where is he located at? I see you're in SC so if it's near where you are, I might be interested in getting a set done myself.
    1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
    2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
    2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Sweet setup AWDBOB!

I am actually getting rid of my style 5s and looking at wheels that are 16x8 ET10 and want to run a 225/45/16 tires.
      Am I crazy for thinking this is possible? Do you rub at all with the 10/15 spacers?

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
        IMO adapters just don't look right up front, and you can't fit a proper tire most of the time. The only way to get it 100% is a fill/dill (or obviously E30 M3 suspension). 205/45s don't look right either, they don't have enough aspect ratio for my taste.

I used VR wheels.

Cost:
        Wheels: $200
        Shipping there: $80 (my UPS account)
        Fill/Drill: $300
        Shipping back: $120 (their flat rate)
        Motorsport Hardware 10mm Front/15mm Rear Spacers, skinny wheel bolts and hubcentric rings: $150

Total: $850

8mm spacers required up front to clear brakes unless you're running a BBK with a thinner caliper. I went with 10mm because 8s weren't available in a hubcentric version.

Question here... I have fill and drill and I'm looking into getting 8MM spacers with extended bolts. I have hub centric rings, can I get "regular" spacers or would I need hubcentric spacers?

Comment

hakstern,

Its always best to get hubcentric if you can, especially if your current hubcentric ring wont be making contact with the wheel after an 8mm spacer.

If I recall I was running 5mm no problem with a plastic hubcentric ring.

Comment

I like that with adapters, when I want to change wheels, I don't have to go through the whole process again, I can just bolt them on.

Wheels: 250
            Adapters: 250

Yes I do have to run 205/45s, but eventually I'll roll my fenders and for something larger.

Comment

Originally posted by masterofnone View Post
              hakstern,

Its always best to get hubcentric if you can, especially if your current hubcentric ring wont be making contact with the wheel after an 8mm spacer.

If I recall I was running 5mm no problem with a plastic hubcentric ring.

I was told 5mm works but I would have to grind down the front brake calipers 2-3mm.

Comment

Originally posted by hakstern View Post
                I was told 5mm works but I would have to grind down the front brake calipers 2-3mm.
                I can attest to this, I had to grind down the corners with a dremel. I should have mentioned that too

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                  Perfect stance Bobbie!

Here is the work that ewheelworks did on my BBS.

how much did that set you back? I see you're from Chicagoland as well?

Comment

Originally posted by 89CABRIO View Post
                    how much did that set you back? I see you're from Chicagoland as well?
                    Well I had the wheels built so it was more then just the fill, $3+ for everything.

I sold them though, long story why.
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                    X