Injector-rehab.com ... no bueno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injector-rehab.com ... no bueno

I didn’t see any feedback about injector-rehab.com on this section so I thought relevant to pass along my experience on some pintle caps I bought from them for my ix. This is the typical case of being cheap on something critical can turn out to be expensive.

I recently replaced gaskets, hoses and decided to service the injectors. This time for my ix since it only has 140k miles I only did a basic service and bought o-rings from bmw and filters, spacers, and pintle caps from injector-rehab.com

Car started all fine with a quiet and smooth running engine for a minute until I noticed a gas leak on injector #1. I had the same issue with my e30 coupe so I went ahead and pulled out the fuel rail and to my surprise the pintle caps separated from four injectors and fell into the intake manifold. How could that be possible, I had to cut through the old caps to remove them and these ones came out that easy.

I contacted injector-rehab.com and asked them about how they check for product fit and quality and their answer was ... “how do we get hem to fit? because we have been making them for 20+ years and have sold tens of thousands of them.

So here it is guys. Their pintle caps don’t fit tight enough and result in a lot of play. I hope this feedback helps you decide when servicing injectors.
    Last edited by Stapes; 12-22-2018, 11:54 AM.
Working...
X