Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confirming my research before swap

Hello,

I've been doing plenty of research, but I just want to make sure I have everything down before I actually buy the parts.

So my car is a 91' coupe german import with airbags, so therefore I can only use another airbag coupe/sedan transmission correct? The Verts and IXs had special transmissions, which would make it more difficult to change?

That being said if my car is a 91' euro import with an airbag the easiest swap to do is another airbag 90+ E30 correct? And if I wanted to upgrade the engine later I could instead just do any E46 transmission? Just looking for verification to my knowledge before I go ahead with the major purchases.
    Thanks,

Chris
    85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

I've done a few swaps and the air bag as nothing to do with the transmission, where are you getting this info?
    sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Back to basics: What are you swapping??? Auto boxes???

you can swap one transmission for another, an auto for a manual, a manual for an auto, and probably, with sheet metal work and a lot of curse words, an SMG out of an E46.

The ix is a 4 wheels driven driveline, so yes, it's different.

For the manual box, it makes no difference, except etas may have a deeper bell,
      and later cars have a smaller output flange.

t
      just one source of misinformation on the interwebs. nets. thingys.
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by Supadave View Post
        I've done a few swaps and the air bag as nothing to do with the transmission, where are you getting this info?
        I'd have to comb through my history for it I think it was a bimmer forum post but they said it messed with the brake lines. Just like I said I wanted to make sure before I went ahead with it.
        85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Working...
        X