325e Smog Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325e Smog Test

Hi everyone, Im really at the ropes of my neck right now after trying to smog my bmw e30 325e. The main issue being my NOx readings being incredibly high.

My first run was 2078 NOx
    My second run was 1782 after replacing the catalytic converter.
    Third run shot back up to 2002 after replacing the O2 sensor, new spark plugs, and new rotor.
    The minimum being around 700

I am getting another O2 sensor by warranty because I believe it is defective. Ive read other post and plan on using the sea foam cleaner, checking the fuel injectors, and looking for any leaks.

Any ideas of what might be going on and what to look out for?
    Thanks.

Need some more info, What year? How many miles? Cali? Are you on a dyno? or just a sniffer? Did you go for a long drive and get the cat nice and hot before the test? Did you talk to the test person and start some kind of conversation with them to see what you can do?

JP
    1984 533i
    1984 733i
    1985 325e
    1998 M3
    1998 318ti
    2008 335i

Comment

Engine temp sensor for the ECU (not the gauge cluster) could be bad. A cold reading will make it run rich.

Faulty AFM perhaps?

Vacuum leak

Exhaust leak before the O2 sensor. Air gets in and thins out the exhaust as of it were leaner. O2 sensor reads it and the ECU adjusts richer.

Comment

Faulty fuel pressure regulator? I have a few 325e blue coolant temp sensors, and I could throw one in the mail for you to try.
        Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

Kinda late but thank you for your recommendations. It turns out to be the O2 sensor and catalytic converter.

Comment

Working...
          X