2002 with a 325i swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 with a 325i swap

Hello, I have a 74 2002 withc a 91 m20 swap, over the weekend, the car stopped turning over, I never have had any issues with this motor. Have been driving it for about 2 years, currently 10k miles on the motor. I parked the car after my Sunday drive for about 2 hrs. Came back to it to leave home and the car wouldn't start. It will crank but does not turn over.

We checked the starter/Battery, fuel pump/main relay,coils, distro, Maf, crank sensor. And everything seems except for the ECU, it's not sending any power out. Any suggestions or how to's on how to check the ECU? I am in South Pasadena CA, if anyone has a loaner ECU or one for sale. (ECU # 0261200173) please message me if you have one. I will purchase it or rent it from you. Thank you.
    Last edited by ezlnh8u; 11-01-2018, 06:02 PM.

Forgot to mention it is a 5 speed manual.

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions or have ran into this issue on there m20's?

Comment

When I had a weird issue, I cracked the ECU open and saw a fried board. New ECU fixed it. I have a spare ECU, its not the 173, but I think it will work still. I'll be at SoCal Vintage tomorrow
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thank you for the offer. I just managed to pick up one from a local dismanteler. I will update the thread once installed.

Comment

Did you swap the ECU? Does it work now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X