New supra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto

Looks like a cross between an Rx7 and a Z4 coupe.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I like it.

I always thought Mazda had it right with the last generation Rx7 but the craftsmanship just sunk that car.
    Last edited by Javier h; 01-18-2019, 01:32 PM.

Comment

ehh, my friend had one. Handled nice, but they're kind of ugly with all the weird "triangle" shapes - and I'm sorry, but the Wankel is just ass.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Gotta agree with nado

engine is ass, too many triangles and handled nicely.

When your apex seal takes a shit at 80k, you'll find it hard to find a reason to keep it long term...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plj4DW8rT2s

like look at the shit you have to do, just to make sure it starts okay

they're also cheap as hell too, a shit eta will ask for more nowadays
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I'll never forget my first (and only) hpde in my tired eta, during one lap I was being closely followed by a 'touge' prepped rx8. By that point I was used to pointing people by and getting my doors blown off without having to let off the gas. So as we get to the straight I give him the point, but he's not passing me... My instructor yells at me "Don't you dare let up!" LOL, so I didn't lift and I was pretty much even with this rx8 until the end and I let him pass. At the end of the session he's telling me that his engine is using a quart of oil every session, meanwhile my 220k mile eta hasn't used a drop all weekend.
          My Feedback

Comment

Wankels are obsolete. Fuel efficiency and emissions are too much of a concern in the post 1980s world, nobody with any sense wants a 300hp car that gets Corvette gas mileage and burns oil like an original 1950s smallblock. Would still love to own an FD RX7 though, even if it meant I had to keep the twin turbo 13B.

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
            Oh that makes me sad, I had some hopes for the corolla hatchback :( I guess I'm just keeping my older tacoma forever now.
            Toyota in its current state is a flaming heap of transportation appliance garbage, they even screwed the nu-86 up, I wouldn't expect them to make anything else that's fun any time soon. I'm wondering what kind of payout the reviewer https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-drive-review/ was covering for when writing this review and calling the steering "communicative" it feels the same as the sedans; numb and too light.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

I had the great displeasure of driving a Corolla recently as a hire car - with the CVT I can't understand how anyone can find owning one anywhere close to acceptable it's so anaemic to drive, and the interior was much cheaper and nastier than the Koreans.

My wife's Hyundai ran rings around it for basic A to B transport.

The 86 I test drove was pretty good, but it cries out for a better engine, and the interior was junk - ignore those trying to justify their purchase saying "you don't get it, it's a momentum car", especially when you're jumping into it from an e30 :) It's all very well for Toyota to say the enthusiasts can add their own supercharger or turbo, but by the time you do that they go from being cheap to expensive. Why not put out a factory TRD (or now GR) supercharged version with a warranty?
              My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                I'll never forget my first (and only) hpde in my tired eta, during one lap I was being closely followed by a 'touge' prepped rx8. By that point I was used to pointing people by and getting my doors blown off without having to let off the gas. So as we get to the straight I give him the point, but he's not passing me... My instructor yells at me "Don't you dare let up!" LOL, so I didn't lift and I was pretty much even with this rx8 until the end and I let him pass. At the end of the session he's telling me that his engine is using a quart of oil every session, meanwhile my 220k mile eta hasn't used a drop all weekend.
                RX8's are awful. I had an e46 323i at one time that would put them to shame. I loved the RX7, the RX8 was a travesty to the legend.
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Serial # 1 just sold for 2.1 MIL @ Barrett Jackson.

Comment

Rx7’s are beautiful, definitely going to own one before I kick the bucket. The sound is worth the pain, plus I’d never own one unless it’s pushing some numbers, so rebuilding every 80k isn’t bad.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                      That was definitely on the driver. I owned an rx8 in my early 20s and I went to HPDEs. I was passing CTS-Vs, G35s, and 350zs my first time out. It is a quick car. Not fast by any means, but it's definitely faster than any normal e30, stock for stock. Probably faster than most m3s too, barring special models. The rx8 handles exceedingly well, weighs about the same as an e30, better gearing, better suspension, better brakes, better tires, and about 50 more hp (220 is realistic, 238 they rated them at is very optimistic.)

Anyway, on to the Supra. I'd rather have a z4 coupe.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

50 more HP when it's new; by 50k miles that drops a bit.. plus, zero torque. Meh. Not a fan, never will be.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Maybe faster than a the already slow US E36 M3, since the lightness and cornering would be enough to leave the E36 unable to keep up with its small power:weight advantage but there's no way an RX8 would even come close to keeping up with any variant of M3 E46 or later, stock for stock. It would be beat in grip and slaughtered in power to weight. Like the Nu-86, the RX8 seems to be a great chassis let down by a mediocre engine.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                            In the most simplistic terms, it *is* a Z4 just with a different body.
                            this

very Mehh on it, yeah 2 tarbo I6 is good for supra heritage, But to me it looks like what used to be refereed to as Ricer version of a New Z4. Like what would happen if the Fast and Furious crowd got a hold of a Z4 for some "NOPI" show someplace in Kansas.....
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                              Maybe faster than a the already slow US E36 M3, since the lightness and cornering would be enough to leave the E36 unable to keep up with its small power:weight advantage but there's no way an RX8 would even come close to keeping up with any variant of M3 E46 or later, stock for stock. It would be beat in grip and slaughtered in power to weight. Like the Nu-86, the RX8 seems to be a great chassis let down by a mediocre engine.
                              Its not faster then the slow E36, I also think that he was comparing it to an E30M3 which it is faster then.

I agree with you great car let down by the engine.
                              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Eh, we're just bench racing here and I haven't seen an A/B comparison of the two on the track but the US E36 M3 is so anemic that it barely has an acceleration advantage over an RX8 based on the numbers I've seen. I doubt the M3 would out-corner one, that is what they're known for after all; being great in the corners.

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
                                X