X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Bronzit 1990 325i Sedan

$7000
    Located in Lancaster, PA

1990 BMW 325i sedan finished in Bronzit metallic over tan vinyl comfort interior

Mileage currently at 143,713 and may go up slightly as I will exercise the car on nicer days, but this is not my daily means of transportation

5 speed manual transmission, power windows, locks, and mirrors, manual sunroof, air conditioning, AM/FM radio with remote CD changer

I originally intended to drive this car through the winter and sell my truck to cut back on expenses, but in my opinion the car is too nice to subject to every day driving and a northern winter. CarFax report attached (hopefully). Vehicle will come with two keys and some of the original literature. Service booklet was stamped sporadically up until 2002ish.

Positives:
    - Completely stock, from what I can tell
    - CarFax will show service history through its lifetime, and driven very sparingly over the last few years
    - All original body panels except for driver fender, pictures of VIN stickers below
    - Crack free dash
    - New Battery
    - Recent PA state safety inspection, exempt from emissions
    - Being a NJ/PA car its life I know this sounds suspect, but I have not found any rust on the car, I have tried to take pictures of known areas
    - Cruise control works
    - Gauge cluster is completely operational, save 1 green service light

VIN Decoder listing:

S209A  Differential lock 25%
    S242A Steering wheel airbag
    S286A BMW LA wheel BMW Styling
    S411A Window lifts,electric,front/rear
    S530A Air conditioning
    S540A Cruise control
    S556A Outdoor temperature indicator

Areas for opportunity:
    - While all but one panel is original, some have been repainted. The panels that have not been repainted will show some light to light+ scratches in the clearcoat: this is most notable on the roof and hood. I have tried to take pictures of both to show the areas. The other area that shows some difference in color/finish would be the passenger doors...this is hard to capture in pictures. The car presents very well, but in an attempt for full disclosure is not 100% original in finish.
    - Currently the radio is locked and I do not have the code. I looked into removing the radio but it appears as though someone already tried to do so without the proper tool and potentially rounded the screws out. I will call the dealer that serviced the car and see if they have it on file.
    - Car is currently riding on 4 seemingly new winter tires. Recently completed a ~500 mile round trip to VA and they are surprisingly quiet. I had zero intentions of driving this car in the snow, so I would recommend swapping on another set of wheels/tires or just changing them out
    - The rear lower apron? / bumper? of the driver side has been pushed up..picture below
    - The car is 28/29 years old, so it does have a few very minor dents/dings
    - It sounds as though there is a small leak in the exhaust approximate to where the driver rear tire is

While I have written more in-depth about the areas of opportunity I don't want to take away from how well this car presents and how nicely it drives. I've owned 6 E30s so far and this is above and beyond the nicest one. The vehicle can be enjoyed as-is right now and requires no major service. Just made a ~500 mile round trip to VA for Christmas with time spent stopped on I95 in and around DC and the car performed flawlessly.

I am trying to reduce the number of vehicles I own (currently at 5) and this was part of a very convoluted plan to do so, but I think it best to pass along to someone who can exercise it more than I can. I have taken a handful of pictures and two videos, one of cold start and warm start. If there is something you would like a picture or video of I will be happy to accommodate as best as I can. As previously stated, I'm trying to cut back on my inventory so no trades please.

Again, if there is anything you'd like to see a picture or movie of, shoot me a PM and I will do my best. Without further ado, the pictures..

Full album on Imgur:
    https://imgur.com/a/eV0qOu0

Pushed up section of driver rear bumper:

Pictures of VIN tags, starting and driver front door and working counter-clockwise:

Pictures of roof and trunk with clearcoat scratches:

Additional trunk / battery tray pictures:

Cold Start video:

Warm Start video:

Attached Files
    Last edited by 96sohc; 01-02-2019, 05:47 PM.
    -Phil
    Delphin 89 325i | Dakar 95 M3

Where have you been for the past month?

Been looking for something this great and close by for a month and now you just now decide to show up! jk just sent you a PM
    85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

That’s a solid deal for a well cared for original 5spd ! Great fs add too this is how people should sell cars on here ! Very detailed
      -His-
      87 e30 325i
      87 e24 m6
      05 e83 x3
      94 e32 740i 5spd
      -Hers-
      89 e30 325i
      18 f48 x1

Comment

Originally posted by hendrixvodu View Post
        That’s a solid deal for a well cared for original 5spd ! Great fs add too this is how people should sell cars on here ! Very detailed
        My thoughts, exactly.

Comment

Additional pictures of the trunk, battery box, and a general rear suspension shot have been added.

In taking a picture for the driver fender VIN tag I have discovered an error on my part, as the driver fender is not original to this car. I apologize if this causes any confusion, a real boneheaded mistake on my part. The original listing has been updated.
          -Phil

Comment

Hey! Another Lancaster area e30 owner. Bump and good luck with your sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Still for sale

Still for sale?

Comment

Car has been sold.
                -Phil

Comment

Working...
                X