OBD2 Running rough, Hesitation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBD2 Running rough, Hesitation.

Just converted my s52 to OBD2. Fired it up thursday night and it drove fine, Short drive but took it too redline no problem. Check Engine light came on from the start.

Today I finished wiring up my obd2 port and my bluetooth adapter came in. I plugged in the torque app pro and cleared the CEL light. (CamPS, Maf,) Went for a drive and it is stumbling under load. Barely wants to rev out. I didn't push it but drove it on my usual 5 mile loop to see if I could get a CEL. Got a CEL for cam position sensor so I swapped it out with another unknown used one. I clear the CEL using the app.

I go for a ride now and same hesitation but no CEL this time. Should I keep driving it until I get a code? I can limp it around just fine.

I am running NGK BKR6E spark plugs. They look fine.
    Bosch OBD2 coils, the two hole variant. I do have plenty of obd1 coils I could try.

The Crank Postion sensor is the rear mounted, recall updated version with the extra wire loom.

Wiring was done by me and I was very thorough and traced every wire, labeled every connector.

Swapped coilpacks and all is well. No CEL. OBD2 has been nice so far. No bouncy idle for once. First time the cel has been off since I swapped it back in 2013... Lol

Comment

any write up on going back to obd2. I bought the car swapped and already on obd1 converted.
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Craiggroves has a good write up on it. Wiring was easy if you are semi knowledgeable. Pazi88 on here and YouTube has some great videos on wiring. The oddball stuff is which intake manifold you choose to run. If m50 manifold you need the early OBD2 fuel rail with integrated fuel pressure regulator. I opted to keep the air/oil seperator so I purchased the very expensive Turner Motorsport adapter but everything fits very well. There are cheaper options but require you too modify ballot of the icv plumbing. I also added an OBD2 port in my glove box. This is the first time my check engine light has ever been off in the history of my swap. It always ran like shit on obd1. You also need OBD2 manifolds or aftermarket headers with o2 sensors on each bank. All in all it was costly but everything fits very well since the car came from the factory this way. Any questions feel free to pm me or ask here.

Comment

Thank you!
          Yeah I'm a sub for Pazi88. I'll try and find the write you mentioned from craiggroves.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
          X