Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drop the front and it will be spot on..

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of their e30 with style 5s sitting on H&R sport springs and bilstein sport shocks? Does anyone know if there will be any wheel gap between the tire and fender?
      http://idelrosario.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by MacroCosm View Post
        Does anyone have a picture of their e30 with style 5s sitting on H&R sport springs and bilstein sport shocks? Does anyone know if there will be any wheel gap between the tire and fender?
        Mine is h&r race and the front spring has a couple coils cut off (when I got them) so I would assume there will be gap between the tire and the fender. Like the very first alpine e30 posted in this thread. You could always run a bit bigger tire profile to fill in a little bit of the gap. But it won't do much

Comment

Originally posted by Jboss12 View Post
          Mine is h&r race and the front spring has a couple coils cut off (when I got them) so I would assume there will be gap between the tire and the fender. Like the very first alpine e30 posted in this thread. You could always run a bit bigger tire profile to fill in a little bit of the gap. But it won't do much
          Ok thanks for letting me know. I guess I will have to go with coilovers since I want to go lower and close the gap. Btw, are there any lowering springs that drops the car lower than 2 inches?
          http://idelrosario.tumblr.com

Comment

^this
            "A BMW that needs nothing, has an owner that's not paying attention."

Comment

Originally posted by spooledtt View Post

Adaptec 18mm front and 20mm rear. 205/45/16 and a good roll all around. There is some slight rubbing at full lock but its doable
              Is 20mm fronts and 25mm rears doable with the same tire size for my early model with fender roll?

Or will I need to do a pull also? It just seems like it can come out further in the rear from the pic above.
              SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
              IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
              BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

I can't wait until I get my set of style 5s. Looks great!!!!

Comment

This makes me want to get mine on my car so bad.

Is everyone running 205/45? Or is there anybody running something with a little more meat?
                  Also, is everyone on coil overs or just lowering springs and struts?
                  '87 325e 2.7i/5spd
                  '02 Subaru outback (Still smells like dirty hippie)
                  '86 635csi (Sold)
                  '87 4KcsQT (Sold)
                  '84 318i (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                    Is 20mm fronts and 25mm rears doable with the same tire size for my early model with fender roll?

Or will I need to do a pull also? It just seems like it can come out further in the rear from the pic above.
                    I wouldn't do 20 in the front unless you have a very aggressive roll. My front camber is maxed at -3 degrees. As for the back i could fit 25mm but my bushings are shot giving me tons of camber.

Comment

Which tires are you running?
                      Ohthejosh?
                      Last edited by HugsBmw; 07-21-2013, 04:03 PM. Reason: forgot

Comment

205/45 seems really small... 225/45 is OEM rolling diameter
                        -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                          I am debting whether I should spend my money on a set of e38 style fives and do fill and drill/adapters or stick with my euroweaves and get them powder coated white with polished lips. It is a very hard decisison. I will be keeping p with this thread!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374596225.403631.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	7157881

This

Blasted and Sliver powder to factory

Looks great

Sent from the half eaten apple :)

Comment

An old one:

Comment

Originally posted by Jboss12 View Post
                              i just got my e38 style 5's on.
                              -205/45r16 tires
                              -42draft 18mm adapters front
                              -42draft 20mm adapters back
                              -fenders are not rolled and rear tires will only slightly rub over big bumps and hard turns
                              -running h&r race bilstein setup with drophats

This is it right here

Sent from the half eaten apple :)

Comment

Just got the 205/45/16 Hankooks mounted. They must run super narrow because these are more stretched then I'd like. I wish there was a index somewhere that states which brands run narrow/true/wide
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X