Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garagistic m6x/s6x v8 e30 kit motor mounts/trans brace / rpm mod / boosterless brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, interested in purchasing the 6 speed extension brackets separately. They look nice as they are nicely shaped and meant to be welded to the bracket vs. bolted.

Question though - what sort of stress testing have you done with the kit, specifically with the extension brackets. Is there any chance of the extension pieces digging into the body of the car? This would be going on to my track car so safety is paramount.

FYI I have your odometer gears and they have been perfect.

Comment

How can I purchase the pedal bracket?
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
        Steel mounts purchased!

I can't wait to get them.

Order received!

Originally posted by brian52555 View Post
        Hi, interested in purchasing the 6 speed extension brackets separately. They look nice as they are nicely shaped and meant to be welded to the bracket vs. bolted.

Question though - what sort of stress testing have you done with the kit, specifically with the extension brackets. Is there any chance of the extension pieces digging into the body of the car? This would be going on to my track car so safety is paramount.

FYI I have your odometer gears and they have been perfect.
        Yes they are a very nice pieces. The brackets were cad designed/tested as well as tested in the real world.

Our very own m60 test mule "lela" has been running this bracket for quite some time. We have logged thousands of street miles, a few autocross events, a couple of road course track days, and even took the car on a 5 mile dirt road in the area of 80mph! Even with all that abuse. The bracket did not dig into the body at all and has not shown any sign of wear what so ever.

They can be bought here:
        Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

Originally posted by Jean View Post
        How can I purchase the pedal bracket?
        Here you are:
        E30 BRAKE BOOSTER DELETE BRACKET (FOR WILWOOD AND TILTON PEDAL BOX) It's no secret. The brake booster relocation is the hardest part of the V8 into E30 swap! The factory booster is in the way. Some choose to use E32/E34 booster setup and relocate behind the headlight. This is costly,

Please allow up to two weeks for delivery on these. We are welding a batch of them next week!

Comment

Updated initial post with e30 m60 swap kit page link and pictures.

We also got some RPM modules in stock!

Comment

Pictures/instructions/details page on m60 swap motor mounts are up:

Garagistic e30 m60 / m62 engine swap mount instructions: With our motor mount conversions there isnt too much involved to actually get your v8 into your e30. However there are some things that need to happen. Bmw made the driver side motor mount on many m60 and m62 cars with an oil block built in. You must either mill

Comment

I ordered a complete kit from you guys and I must say I am VERY impressed with the quality and the affordability.

The communication was great and MAtt @ garagistic was very informative and helped with all my questions. I will do business again and have already referred folks to you.

My next question is do you have instrustions for the transmounts? any pictorials or instructions for the pedal box installation?

Let me know. Thanks again guys!

Comment

Im interested to see a writeup on the brake setup. Thats the only thing holding me back from the swap. Id rather not hack up my bay so if your pedal box bracket is basically bolt in I would be interested.
                1987 325is - S52

Comment

Originally posted by NickL View Post
                  Im interested to see a writeup on the brake setup. Thats the only thing holding me back from the swap. Id rather not hack up my bay so if your pedal box bracket is basically bolt in I would be interested.
                  It is, That's why I'm using the setup. I wanted my bay clean and as hack fre as possible. Plus I get to keep my ABS in the same spot. Just run two lines the the ABS and you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                    I ordered a complete kit from you guys and I must say I am VERY impressed with the quality and the affordability.

The communication was great and MAtt @ garagistic was very informative and helped with all my questions. I will do business again and have already referred folks to you.

My next question is do you have instrustions for the transmounts? any pictorials or instructions for the pedal box installation?

Let me know. Thanks again guys!

Glad you like them! We thank you for the kind words and referals. We are watching your vert build with much intrest!

Yes we have a "pictorial" of how the 6 speed tranmission extention brackets should be welded. They are here (we hope to get better pictures soon!):
                    Driveshaft solutions for your v8 e30 Automatic transmission (5 speed) First thing to note is that the automatic transmissions from the bigger 5 and 7 series are well, BIGGER. This means that you have to heavily modify (ummmm hammer?) your transmission tunnel to get one of these damn things to fit. An E34/ E38 540i or 7

We will have a pedal box installation within a day or two!

Originally posted by NickL View Post
                    Yes it does save alot of work!

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                    It is, That's why I'm using the setup. I wanted my bay clean and as hack fre as possible. Plus I get to keep my ABS in the same spot. Just run two lines the the ABS and you're done.
                    Thats pretty much all there is two it. Match with correct master cylinders and it will be very manageable. The ABS relocation on our m60 car was not a fun project. Lots of lines extended. Even the harness had to be extended to communicate with the ABS. Lots of clutter.

Comment

I have the same brake pedal mount although I bought it elsewhere, good piece but a bit of a bitch to squeeze it all up there. Still working on final connections, but the mounted pedals are nice.

Better solution to me than the remote booster option, I'm not into all those star moving parts, I don't see the point of adding more parts to breakdown for a track car.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
                        I have the same brake pedal mount although I bought it elsewhere, good piece but a bit of a bitch to squeeze it all up there. Still working on final connections, but the mounted pedals are nice.

Better solution to me than the remote booster option, I'm not into all those star moving parts, I don't see the point of adding more parts to breakdown for a track car.
                        Yes it is a much better solution. We have updated the how to page with instructions on how to install the pedal assembly as well. It can be found here:

E30 brake booster delete bracket instructions - K0601-K0602 Whats needed? - Garagistic LLC e30 brake booster delete bracket - found here - Wilwood 340-11299 Brake and Clutch Pedal Assembly - Early e30 brake pedal switch - (3) 90 degree 1/8-27 NPT male to 3/16 standard female fittings (optional) -We recommend always usi

Comment

Just in case you guys missed our announcement on our facebook page (which you should "like" to see all the stuff we are working on as well as deals), here is a picture of our aluminum m6x mounts!

We will only be offering these in a limited quantity run. (Only to be used with rubber motor mounts)

Comment

For the month of march only, we will be offering r3v members the aluminum mounts at the steel price. Pm us for details (we have 5-6 aluminum versions in stock).

Comment

Sold out of boosterless brackets at the moment. In the middle of getting them cut and welded! We will have them in a few days.

Comment

You should make and sell C101 conversion plug adapters!
                                https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                                X