From Boost to Reliable. M62b44 Swap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
    I take it you check fitted the engine with your set up. For some reason it looks set pretty far back. I put mine as far forward as i could. I was afraid of hitting the valve cover. It looks good. Keep it up!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk
    We did have a look at the booster and valve cover clearance, right now we have around a half inch and we have yet to notch the oil pan which will set the motor down even more, good looking out though!

Clearance before oil pan notch.

1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Made a little progress this past week. Mostly received a cache of parts that I had ordered, which is always exciting.

Mishimoto M coupe radiator, built like a tank!

KaMotors Fender Flares.

E34 540i motor mounts and rivet-nuts to reattach the core support.

We were able to design and cut out some brackets to attach the upper portion of the brake booster and brake fluid reservoir. Next up will be to fab up the brake pedal box and shorten the linkage.

We were also able to reattach the core support with rivet-nuts which I thought looked cleaner and this thing is stronger than ever.

We currently have the motor semi mocked up, we have yet to notch the pan and set her down where she will stay. The transmission and e36 m3 driveshaft are currently bolted up. After completely finishing the brakes we will move on to making our motor mounts.

1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Doit! Looks really neato. Sooooo, go ahead and hurry up so you'll make the Brodeo bro.
        Originally posted by Andy.B
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
          Doit! Looks really neato. Sooooo, go ahead and hurry up so you'll make the Brodeo bro.
          Won't be making the spring rally and sadly this build is on hold until mid June. Work has me on 72hr weeks for the damn refueling outage! :???:
          1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Make dat money.
            Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
            ~~~~~~~~~~
            I was born on 3/25…
            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

That's pretty much what I want to do for my core support. Nice work.

Comment

fellow swappers

nice work! I'm in the middle

of a v8 swap as well

Comment

Oil Pan Mod

I finally got around to modifying this damn pan, Ill offer these plasma cut "kits" if anyone is interested. I can even weld them up so all you have to do is cut the pan and weld it in. Either way that'll be another thread.

Anywho, The task at hand. The pictures are pretty self explanatory

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Ive got to get some smaller aluminum rod, I was going to make all 6 but i didnt want to waste my 1''. I use it for IAT bungs and the like. I dont see a issue with the 4 mounting bolts for this particular application.
                      Some of the gaps on the pan were cut a little large. A miscalculation on my part. IF i had the parts first i could have cut the pan to cater to the plate. Future ones will be alot tighter, as i have the dimensions stored in autocad.
                      sigpic

Comment

Forgot the finished pictures. Key to aluminum is cleanliness. No matter how clean you get it you will find a spot you didnt degrease well enough.

sigpic

Comment

Nice work
                          sigpic
                          323i MTEC1
                          Z3 coupe
                          E60 M5

Comment

That's nice Matt, but fire tending is where you really shine...
                            ~~~~~~~~~~
                            I was born on 3/25…
                            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Amazing work on that pan!
                                85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                                e30 restoration and V8 swap
                                24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Working...