Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody done the rear seat headrest conversion on there Vert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
    ^ damn your car looks awesome

Fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
    1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
    1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

The rear headrests are the same as the front. I got my hardware brand new from ecs for around $100. They don't really impact visibility that much. It's a convertible, there's tons of it already.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
        yes. But be aware they will scratch the back window if you're not careful...grrr

damn dude that vert gets better looking every year
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
          Yes. Easy to do

You gonna try and buy that car back? Rarest of the north american MTechnics...
          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

I have already told the gentleman that bought it that I want first right of refusal, IF he ever sells it.

It's in Texas now.
            Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

another one for you to look at.

and a factory photo of a euro vert with rear headrests
              Last edited by bradnic; 10-25-2018, 08:36 AM.
              I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

^^^ bradnic - I'm loving that interior!

The E30 collection:
                1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
                1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
                1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
                1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
                1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
                1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
                1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
                2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
                2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                  another one for you to look at.

and a factory photo of a euro vert with rear headrests
                  Hey Bradnic let me know if you ever want to come out to cars and coffee on Sunday's from 10am to noon weather permitting at the streets of a Woodfield parking at the Dicks parking lot . The club hosting the c&c is Windy City Euro . They are on FB but I am not on fb anymore . 😂

Comment

Your Vert is my twin minus the Euro bumper , interior , s52 motor swap and Schmidt 3pc Revolution wheels ... Lol well at least the color is the same 👌🏻

Comment

Is this possible to do without putting holes in the rear seat?
                      http://www.DeluxeCarStorage.com
                      87 325ic - Early ACS Tribute
                      90 325i MT2 - R.I.P

Seller Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=380908

Comment

^ no. Also you want to track down exact matching skins for the second headrests

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                          I did it on mine. The only concern is I had to undo the seat skins off the top of the back seat to get the metal brackets in. Wasn't an issue since I already had hog rings and pliers from redoing the interior.
                          You installed new seat covers over your existing foam right? How hard was it to get looking good, and did you have prior experience?

The only 2 things that are still original on my m30 car are the top and the interior, and are both are badly in need of replacement.
                          sigpic
                          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                            You installed new seat covers over your existing foam right? How hard was it to get looking good, and did you have prior experience?

The only 2 things that are still original on my m30 car are the top and the interior, and are both are badly in need of replacement.
                            I have a write up thread in the interior section if you want to read about it.

It wasn't that hard. I used my existing foam. In some places the foam had crevices and valleys where the leather had been split for years. I went to a fabric store and got some foam, cut it to shape to fill the gaps, and used spray adhesive and a sheet of fabric to cover the whole bolster so it wouldn't show through. I did this on two bolsters on the drivers seat as well as a few places on the top of the rear seat where it gets the most sun.

I'd never done it before but you get the knack of it when taking off your old seat covers. The back seat is easiest to learn from but the fronts are easier to do.. less man handling but more fiddly. Also there's lots of write up threads on the web you can learn from. The hardest part was getting rid of the wrinkles in the new fabric at the corners of the back seat. Mine wouldn't go away until they'd had some time in the sun. Also be careful when cutting holes for headrests.. be sure to stretch the fabric all the way over to the back of the seats.

If you're going to do it, jeffnhiscars has a smokin deal on a set of seat shocks right now (I think also in the interior section). Might as well take care of everything at once

Comment

Or just PM me

Thanks for the plug :)
                              Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                              Alice the Time Capsule
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                              87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Well I finally did the rear head rest on my Noelle ..

Thanks everybody who posted with the helpful info on my post . I am still learning a lot about my E30 since I came from the VW scene .

Comment

Working...
                                X