Fading dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fading dash

Dash is turning white, when I bought the car the dealer "treated" the dash with something that kept it black for about a month and now when I clean it and apply 303 it gets real white. Ideas with what to put on it to get the black back. Is it safe to use the exterior black products on the interior dash parts? It is crack free and planning on heated blanket cover in garage this winter to keep it that way!!

Thanks

Got a picture?

Sounds like there is something on the dash. I'd try cleaning it really well with soap and water first to remove whatever is on it.

Comment

Cleaned using Griots Interior Cleaner and no change, considering scrubbing with the same solution, trying to upload pictures. iPhone photo files too large!? Well anyway, am I looking a dyeing or using an exterior black treatment for my interior? Help! this white dash is UGLY! Bought this from a Used car Shark on eBay, everyday finding all the crappy things they did to hide things, determined to get it back original despite his sorry A__ tricks of the used car scam parade! I Love driving this car, had an e21 I put 357,000 before regrettably letting someone have it to "restore". Now its a rat nest...

Comment

I think that 303 protectorate was "whiting" up the grains in the dash. I used a plastic rejuvenator made by "Car guys" I think and it did a nice job in fact I used it on the door panels and rear panels in the convertible with good results.

Comment

Working...
        X