15" Eurowaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agent View Post
    Fully restored caps, or the black caps pictured?
    They have been chemically sttipped, powdercoated + lacquered, all new center logos, all near perfect locks.

Отправлено с моего SM-G900F через Tapatalk

Comment

I received the wheels. You packaged them very well. Thank you! However, I’m disappointed in the quality. These are not powder coated like you claimed. It looks like they’ve been painted with cheap rattle can paint you can buy at the store. The color is wrong; it’s close, but it’s darker than original and you left the valve stems in place and masked around them. There is an unpainted ring around them. These will need to be refinished with the valve stems removed.
      Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
        I received the wheels. You packaged them very well. Thank you! However, I’m disappointed in the quality. These are not powder coated like you claimed. It looks like they’ve been painted with cheap rattle can paint you can buy at the store. The color is wrong; it’s close, but it’s darker than original and you left the valve stems in place and masked around them. There is an unpainted ring around them. These will need to be refinished with the valve stems removed.
        That's a nightmare if accurate.

Comment

Yeah it’s kind of messed up. I was already planning to paint the centers Nogaro, but I’m going to have to paint the lips now too. There is some light curb rash and dings that were painted over. I’m going to need to take the time to fill those. I’m trying to decide if I should have them blasted and start from the beginning.

Comment

It gets better, ha. All 4 wheels are bent. They’re at the wheel shop right now getting straightened. $100 each.

Comment

damn - the picture looked awesome too - He hasnt responded has he

Comment

He replied to a pm I sent him. He says he’s in Moscow right now. He claims they are powdercoated, but I don’t see how that would have been possible with the valve stems on them since they are baked at high temperature. He says they were wrapped in metallic duct tape. He also claims they don’t have a single instance of curb rash. They do though. I can take photos (on Monday when I get them back from the shop.) He claims they are straight because they balanced when his tire guy mounted tires on them. I suppose you could balance a tire on a bent wheel, but that doesn’t make it straight. I watched the guy at the wheel shop today spin them on the machine. They’re clearly bent. The shop guy said they’ll cause vibration and put strain on the bearings. I can nit pick about the finish and imperfections like curb rash, but I can refinish them at a reasonable cost so that’s not such a huge deal to me, but being bent is. It’s not acceptable for wheels described as “fully refurbished” to be bent. Do you think it’s fair that I request a refund for the cost of straightening them?

Comment

Absolutely.
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

For how much you paid for them? 100% no doubt. I’d honestly ask for more, you could’ve bought a trash set of wheels locally and restored them for less at this point.

Hopefully everything works out, really disappointing to see this

Comment

I opened a case on PayPal requesting that cost of straightening them. I don’t really like doing that and I’m not sure if I’ll get anywhere with it, but it’s worth a shot. I could have said I didn’t receive them because he has no acceptable proof of delivery (they were sent without signature required and as you know PayPal requires a signature if it’s over $750), but that would have been dishonest. I’ll call them and ask if I could send them back for a full refund instead, but I don’t know if they can change the case. I’ll need to calculate the cost of shipping to Latvia. PayPal will refund $30 of return shipping so that would help a little. I paid $950.

Comment

Jesus $950??? Without tires? Definitely return them.

you could go to a yard, find some straight wheels that can be saved, paint the centers, polish the lips, and still have money left over for tires. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                          Jesus $950??? Without tires? Definitely return them.

you could go to a yard, find some straight wheels that can be saved, paint the centers, polish the lips, and still have money left over for tires. Just my 2 cents.
                          Which yard exactly would I find Euroweaves? I just calculated the shipping. Least expensive with signature tracking I could find is about $600. So scratch that idea. I'll have them straightened and hope for the best. Edit: Actually I could send them as 4 separate packages for about $440, but that's still more than fixing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                            Which yard exactly would I find Euroweaves? I just calculated the shipping. Least expensive with signature tracking I could find is about $600. So scratch that idea. I'll have them straightened and hope for the best. Edit: Actually I could send them as 4 separate packages for about $440, but that's still more than fixing them.
                            there is a shit ton down here in socal, next time i go i'll let you know if i find anything worth while.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                              there is a shit ton down here in socal, next time i go i'll let you know if i find anything worth while.
                              Are you sure you're not confusing these with the common 14" weaves (or 15" iX weaves)? AFAIK the only US RWD E30 that came with 15" weaves was the 91 325i convertible with option code S771A (full M Technic) and I doubt you'd find any of those in a wrecking yard.

Comment

Sounds like a bad dream

Comment

Working...
                                X