Quick Fuel Hose Routing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Fuel Hose Routing Question

This one should be easy but pictures of engines bays never really show it.

My car is a 1987 325is.

The PO replaced my rear fuel rail hose and routed a new one underneath the intake. From the pictures I can find this hose makes a backward turn towards the firewall but does anyone have a photo or description of its routing down to the hard line connector?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but basically just route the fuel hose however it makes logical sense. I'm assuming you have the fuel rail where both the inlet nipple and the pressure regulator on on the same side, closest to the front of the car. Or is your inlet nipple at the side of the rail closest to the firewall? I've had both before and when both nipples are at the front of the engine,the lines run parallel underneath the intake boot around the outside of the charcoal canister and onto the hard lines. On the rail where the inlet and pressure regulator on on opposite ends, the front line takes the same path as I described and the rear fuel inlet line curves over and downward to the hard line connection. Hopefully this helps
    The beatings will continue until morale improves

Comment

Like the guy stated here above me.

Here's a picture of my iX when I had it apart to replace my cylinder head.
      The two lines where the yellow clamps are on are for the fuel rail and FPR (at the front of the engine). these go through a little clip that holds them tot the wiring loom tray under the intake manifold.
      From there under the charcoal canister and to the hardlines.
      1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
      1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Thanks to the both of you for the reply. I am thinking I have a rail where the inlet nipple and pressure regulator are on opposite ends, was not aware they were different types. Anyways I ran the hose in a similar fashion none the less.

Comment

Working...
        X