Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats just the e30's Diving Board bumper orgasm of delight! Its letting you know how great it feels to be tucked rather than untucked. If you listen carefully you might even catch the sound of an "aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh" although most attribute that to just the sound of the pressurized fluid.

Comment

I drilled on on accident before while installing HID on customers car. Didn't spray at all though, just dripped forever...
      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

That's why my lights are all screwed up!;)
        Suspension tips here...
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

I suggest wearing a respiration mask as well as a full face guard. Wore a sweatshirt and rubber gloves as well. Got the first ones out and put them in a vice and literally exploded. Shot up about 12ft to the ceiling of my shop, then perfectly landing on the top of my head. Was not a happy day for me. My clothes still smell like that shit. Have to clean the dryer / washer multiple times. Also, when I extended my arms fully and there was a tiny gap of exposed skin, the liquid inside made those areas swell up to the point where I couldn't move either wrist.

Note: This shit is nasty. Be prepared. Even more so than you anticipate.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNorthBest View Post
            Note: This shit is nasty. Be prepared. Even more so than you anticipate.
            Yep, it sure is. Do this procedure outside if possible. The smurf's blood will stain (both color and smell) clothing and CAN spray a very long distance.

I am glad that the way I have done them they just spill out of the drilled holes (I drill BIG holes, at least 1/2") and don't actually spray. I use a catch bucket and usually don't spill anything. YMMV
            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
            -----------------------------------------
            91 318is Turbo Sold
            87 325 Daily driver Sold
            06 4.8is X5
            06 Mtec X3
            05 4.4i X5 Sold
            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
            90 325i Sold
            97 328is Sold
            01 323ci Sold
            92 325i Sold
            83 528e Totaled
            98 328i Sold
            93 325i Sold

Comment

Intended purpose > debatable aesthetics.

It's amazing reading about the potency of the shock oil...pretty scary stuff.
              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

One more reason why these god awful diving boards should have never been made. Euro chromies all the way.

Comment

Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

When I do these I remove the bumper and put the shocks inside a large gallon ziplock bag and poke a small hole for the drill bit. Then you move the hole away from the splash zone and you have a perfectly controlled blast into a covenient sack.

People who do this out in the open are crazy.

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I just remember drilling them in a box with a cut out large enough for the drill. For the rears I just stuck my hand underneath with the drill not to get my face in the way. If I ever get another DB e30 I'm going right back to Euros.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                          If I ever get another DB e30 I'm going right back to Euros.
                          This man has some sense.

Comment

Years ago, I got some safety glasses from sears. I got two sets. One are.... "oh, I know these will get messed up. covered in oil" pair, and a pair that I keep nice and clean.

I also have a full face mask and a respirator.

Yea, I'm a safty nut. When I work with other people, I'm the guy that tell you to stop what you're doing cause it's not safe. Back away, get a proper jack stand, and put on some eye protection....Total buzz kill. That's me.

I also have all my eyeballs, and fingers. So yea.....
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

^ you sound like my dad. I used to get really annoyed by him being overly cautious, but it has since rubbed off on me and now I'm the same way. Total safety queen.

OT, I drilled my old e30 bumper shocks totally oblivious as to what could happen, without any protection, in the open, I got lucky.

Just get euros people.
                              sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                              1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                              1991 318is - Sold
                              1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

WHEN DIVING BOARDS ATTACK!
                                Last edited by ELVA164; 01-09-2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X