1990 E30 Touring
    1/4 e34 LeMons car

2004 Malibu 23 LSV
    2000 Odessey Millenia 210

Comment

chris is picking me up in about half and we're rolling down south
      BEERTECH

Comment

Sorry, I had to leave early? How far did you get?
        Chris
        -Chris
        93 325is - 243whp/232wtq, 91 318is

Comment

Chris, no worries on leaving early. You were certainly a valuable contributor and your help was deeply appreciated.

Here's where I was able to get to. The gas tank is in...partially. The front three bolts are in. The two bolt on the rear of the tank.....are another story. Dan managed to tap one of the holes. But then the tap broke in the other hole. So, the fix he came up with is to put a bolt thru the chassis and the flange of the tank.

Dan ordered another guibo. So, after the tank goes back in. The driveshaft needs to be installed and the exhaust hung. What's left of the exhaust, atleast. After that, a quick (hopefully) bleed and we're back in business.

We did finally get the t-junction removed. LOTS of swearing cursing and banging was involved, but I eventually got the hard lines loose and the T out. So, all of the SS lines have been installed.

The parking brake....is another story. I might try to go back and drill out the housing from the back side of the hub. We'll see how I'm running on time at that point. The parking brake cable is a nice to have, but I'm not counting on getting it done at this point....

mike
          _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
          Past: lots of stuff
          Present: e46 m3
          2010 F150 Lariat
          1990 E30 Touring
          1/4 e34 LeMons car

2004 Malibu 23 LSV

Comment

i was gonna come, but it started to rain a bit in hickory. rain + motorcycle + 1hr ride = no go for me.

and i didnt feel like driving the e36.
            173rd ABN

Comment

Summary of the events of yesterday/ last night (I left about midnight).

I'd say we're 80% complete. Tank is hung, partly. So above post for details. SS lines are in..yeah! The amount of work getting those things in was ridiculous. I can safely say the people that were there yesterday now fear the dreaded RUST! New guibo ordered and driveshaft will be in soon. Ordered another exhust hanger from Dan. So between those and some safety wire, I'll attempt to make some sort of connection for the exhaust....

A HUGE thanks to all that were able to show-up and help out. Every last hand was needed and appreciated. And hopefully, you guys learned something along the way...lol! A special thanks to Rob who stuck it out with me to (almost) the very end. BTW, Rob was witness to some VERY interesting activities last night. But I'll let him elaborate since I wasn't there. I will give you a hint that it involved a tug-o-war with a Suzuki Samauri.

If anyone is available tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to wrap up the car at Touring Car. Probably start about 2-ish again. I'm not thinking the above-mentioned jobs should take more than 3-4 hours. So, you'd have plenty of time to enjoy the evening ;)

Hope everyone enjoys their door prizes and gets good use out of them. If you don't mind, could you provide some feedback on the quality of the tools in my thread in the GB forum.

thanks again!
              mike

Oh and an ENORMOUS thanks to Touring Car for donating lift time and expertise in the area of rusted old BMWs
              _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
              Past: lots of stuff
              Present: e46 m3
              2010 F150 Lariat
              1990 E30 Touring
              1/4 e34 LeMons car

2004 Malibu 23 LSV

Comment

it was great to see the an ix from under it and everything. THOSE TOOLS ARE GREAT!! They are built really well. I put my SS brake lines on today and they are great. I need to bleed the brakes again but I didn't even have to remove or loosen the rear subframe to get the middle lines on!!
                ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Working...
                X