Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubbing on unusual bulges inside rear fender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubbing on unusual bulges inside rear fender?

Rubbing on the inside of my fender. Can I angle grind those 'bugles' flat and not ruin anything?

Anyone know what I'm talking about.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

You can hit them in with a hammer, and as long as you don't go too far, it won't affect the outside sheetmetal.
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
      hit with hammer
      Perfect. I was a little worried about that. I'm glad I didn't look like an idiot with my verbiage.
      20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

I hate it when I rub up against unusual bulges
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          I hate it when I rub up against unusual bulges
          That's just what happens when you hit the clubs.
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            That's just what happens when you hit the clubs.
            It only seems to happen in WeHo and Capital Hill... so weird.
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

By any chance are you talking about that conduit piece behind the rear spring? Some cables go through there. Does anybody have a part number for that part? If not, I need to fab a new one. Mine's rotted.
              Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

Are you talking about #21 in http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E3...bon_container/.
                Its a cover for some gas tank vent lines.

Comment

I have a problem rubbing there too. I may give it a few taps with a hammer and see if it makes a difference.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Nope. Its near the lip. I'll take a pic this weekend. I'll have work to do.
                    20% Accurate

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                      I have a problem rubbing there too. I may give it a few taps with a hammer and see if it makes a difference.
                      This is what I am talking about. I was typing the reply when you posted!
                      Thanks mane!
                      20% Accurate

Comment

you think an airhammer could pound it in?
                        that shit is thicc.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                          you think an airhammer could pound it in?
                          that shit is thicc.
                          I hit it a few times with a 16oz hammer. I am a little worried about it showing on the outside... Still rubbing though.
                          20% Accurate

Comment

You can grind it off or hammer it flat, been done numerous of cars, does not reflect on the outside quarter panel , but still do it with care,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X