WTB: 2.93 LSD diff and 325i gauge cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: 2.93 LSD diff and 325i gauge cluster

Hi guys. I’m trying to finish up the M52 swap into my 84 318i. The las couple things to do is get a gauge cluster and a better gear ratio diff. Let me know what you got. I’m in Greenville, SC area.

Looking for 2.93 Medium case e30 diff. Preferably limited slip.
    Also, need a good working order gauge cluster from 325i - 7k tach. Not too many miles. Swapped engine has 135k.

Thanks,
    Jon

I may have found a cluster. But I still need the Differential if available.

Quick question... I have a 2.93 differential from an E36, could I swap gears into an E30 diff housing and is there a reasonable limited slip mechanism I could install? Thanks guys!

Comment

Be aware that the 2.79 and 2.93 R&P sets use a different carrier spool than shorter ratio R&P sets. With that in mind, the 188MM gear sets are interchangeable for E30 and E36.
      Also, I'm sure you realize that your 318i came with a small case 168MM differential so 2.93 E36 gears are not going to fit in there. You would need a 188MM case from an M3 or 6 cylinder car.

Comment

Thanks packrat! I didn’t realize that the 2.79 and 2.93 diffs had a different spool carrier. Because I was tempted to buy a 3.73 LSD and swap my e36 R&P. Sounds like that won’t work. Appreciate the info!!

Comment

If 3.07 or 3.15 would work for you, check out Z3 diffs - just keep your output flanges for the swap.

Comment

Working...
          X