Feeler E30 Vert. Roll Bar/design pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeler E30 Vert. Roll Bar/design pics

Hi, got a cage guy willing to set up a custom, hoop with 2 back bars with race track quality and strength, 4 point weld and bolt in bar for the E30 Vert, hoop and back bars, good idea bad idea?? I believe the 15+ inquiries are showing an interest for safety reasons not racing reasons. Pics are of a bar being shipped out tomorrow for another kind of car. http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=133296 Do you like this rear bar set up or straight to the trunk??? http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...vable+roll+bar ours will have much better attachments
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TimR; 03-20-2011, 06:43 AM. Reason: more info

Interested.

Comment

Would also be interested. Have you seen the bronzit S50 cab with leather wrapped roll bar? If not let me know and I'll dig up pics, his was dead sexy and if I was going to get one made I would probably use it as a design basis. I believe he had to mod his rear seat though, didn't drill into rear panels?

Comment

Here's link for everybody. Modding my nice rear seat would hurt but if you made it like this it would be hard to resist

Comment

I saw this car a while back, the back bars would go through the seat just like his. The cage guy wants to go more into the frame which would intail some surgury on the bottom of the plactic panel in the " foot bucket". He was not to hip on the detachable hoop. I want it for safety and get the seatbelt in the air like a coupe. trying no to see what he is willing to do, he does alot of full cages, have a couple Porsches in right now.

Comment

Interested what would be the price???

Comment

Interested in some pictures

Comment

He's got to build mine, i told him it had to be under $1000 and he said that was possible so i need to get the wifes 525 fixed, then i can take mine to him, build one in my car and then see where it is. This is a bar at his shop for another car, we could get all the parts, custom fitted floor pieces for the hoop and plates for behind the seat. www.hanksvillehotrods.com
                Attached Files

Comment

I am definitely interested and I'm in boulder now so I could pick mine up. A bolt in bar sounds a lot better to me. I think a legit weld in bar would be a hassle since a lot of the time I have passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossman View Post
                    Here's link for everybody. Modding my nice rear seat would hurt but if you made it like this it would be hard to resist

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...vable+roll+bar

This looks really good,

G.Verelli

Comment

be aware...the guys that were bashing rear headrests in a cabrio for breaking up the flow are really going to bash this...lol.

Bolt in would be ideal.
                      '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

I'm not sure how much bolt-in is doable, i'm going in next week to get mine done, i believe the bar to bar and bar to plate will have to be welded, plates to car we got to strip my car down to metal behind the seat and go from there. Thanks

Comment

http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=133296 Do you like this rear bar set up or straight to the trunk??? http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...vable+roll+bar ours will have much better attachments. Now, if you rolled an E30 down the side of a mountain would you rather have $4000 wheels and tires or a roll bar, I"ll take the bar and $3000 wheels and tires. If you dont get to drive your car on the street on in the mountains i would assume this thread doesn't apply. Well 25 vert owners so far disagree. They want additional safety and looks, IF SOMEONE WANTS TO RACE THEY CAN ADD THE REQUIRED BARS FOR WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. If i choose to show up with a FULL cage, National SCAA Tec. manager said FINE. www.hanksvillehotrods.com Looks like racing to me!!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by TimR; 03-20-2011, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Vert???

Love
                            Attached Files

Comment

Should be getting installed this week. You might have to find me elsewhere on the net, Thanks, Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X