e30 right front caliper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 right front caliper

was replacing my rotors and pads on the bmw. Upon putting the right front back together the caliper siezed on me. Napa, autozone, and advanced all do not carry it. where is my best place to find one. the model of my car is 1987 325 is

how do you tell if you have a girling of ate?

Comment

You probably have an ate. The ate has a 7mm allen pin that the caliper slides on. The Girlings have a 13mm head on the inside to loosen, but you have to hold the 15mm on the pin to keep it from spinning. I have a right front girling from a '91 if you need it. PM me if you do.

Will
      RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
      Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
      DaveCN = Old Man
      My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
      If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

yeah i have the ate one. it had 2 7mm allen head screws one up top and one below. they were covered by caps that set into a rubber seal around the allen head.

Btw, i hate that damn allen head screw that holds the rotor to the hub. grr

Comment

Yea, you have an ate caliper then. The screw that holds the rotor to the hub... first, try loosening it with someone standing on the brake pedal before you take it all apart. If you already have it all apart and you stripped it, you can use a chisel and hit it at an angle to try and get it to rotate. If that doesnt work, get a BFH and hit it from the backside until the rotor breaks off. Then you should be able to use channel locks on the rotor piece that is stuck under it still to get it to start spinning.

Will
          RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
          Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
          DaveCN = Old Man
          My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
          If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

are ate and girling interchangeable, i have girlings and i hear the ates are much better and if i can find a set id like to switch em
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
            X