And so it begins :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so it begins :)

Just got a 1991 318is. A big thanks to Gary(gruff561) good guy, he definitely helped me and has been helping me since I joined the e30 scene.
    On to the car.
    1991 318is
    -leather seats
    -gray carpet
    -black mats
    -crackfree dash
    -rustfree!!
    -mint mint car.
    Oh did I mention dianondschawrtz!?<--- yeah that.

Getting ready to do a full tune up here's what's on the list.
    Spark plugs
    Fuel filter
    Air filter
    Synthetic oil change
    Need to do valve cover and oil pan gaskets.
    Regarding oil pan what's the best way to go about it, it looks like there are two pieces to it.

Future plans will be m-tech2 and either turn the m42 into a fast machine or s-motor.
    Lowered, wheels either style 38's or kopi alpinas.
    E46 center console
    M-tech 2 steering wheel

It will be a while for that thou, school starts in august and money is tight so it'll be slow progress.

Sorry only picture I have, but I should have some up soon after a wash.

Here's what I want it to look like.

if you lower it, you'll diff need a skid plate. the oil pan is weak as hell.
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

that looks like 4x4 ride height! need moar low! best of luck!
      sigpic

http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201774

Comment

Hahah I know feels like I have a lift kit but first things first mechanical then looks. Believe I'm dying to lower it

Comment

cut spring?? lol
          Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
            cut spring?? lol
            I've seen it done how it comes out and rode in a car with cut springs, it's not bad at all, but it's not for me, I have a set of eibach pros and drip hats, but waking to get bilsteins.
            I want the rake look.

Any chime in on oil pan question?doin the gasket what's the best way to go about it, looks like there are 2 pieces to it

Comment

1. Drop the lower pan.
              2. Ensure all upper pan bolts are accounted for.
              3. Reinstall any missing pan bolts into the upper pan. Make sure to clean the threads and use a dab of blue loctite.
              4. Remove and reinstall any upper pan bolts, one at a time. Make sure to clean the threads and use a dab of blue loctite.
              5. Reinstall lower pan with new gasket.

The upper pan bolts coming loose can cause the gasket to shift. This in turn can cause the oil pump to suck up air, instead of oil, and bye-bye engine.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

looks like a clean palate! Dunno how mechanically inclined you are, but with your cosmetic plans, an s42 would be icing on the cake. kopi alpinas, mtech II, & s42. you CAnNOT loSe.

Originally posted by Ryan...
                It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
                  looks like a clean palate! Dunno how mechanically inclined you are, but with your cosmetic plans, an s42 would be icing on the cake. kopi alpinas, mtech II, & s42. you CAnNOT loSe.
                  we have similar tastes my good sir, now tell me more about that s42.
                  i know of the bat lightweight flywheel!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    1. Drop the lower pan.
                    2. Ensure all upper pan bolts are accounted for.
                    3. Reinstall any missing pan bolts into the upper pan. Make sure to clean the threads and use a dab of blue loctite.
                    4. Remove and reinstall any upper pan bolts, one at a time. Make sure to clean the threads and use a dab of blue loctite.
                    5. Reinstall lower pan with new gasket.

The upper pan bolts coming loose can cause the gasket to shift. This in turn can cause the oil pump to suck up air, instead of oil, and bye-bye engine.
                    awesome thanks for the info another ? thou,
                    the upper pan whats the best way to remove, i dont see much space the steering rack seems to be in the way.
                    also how much for oil pan and valve cover gaskets from blunttec?

Comment

Originally posted by IxTech View Post
                      that looks like 4x4 ride height! need moar low! best of luck!
                      the other side was jacked up i was getting my tires balanced its not THAt bad.... -_-

Comment

Originally posted by 'e30love' View Post
                        awesome thanks for the info another ? thou,
                        the upper pan whats the best way to remove, i dont see much space the steering rack seems to be in the way.
                        also how much for oil pan and valve cover gaskets from blunttec?
                        steve@blunttech.com but the gasket's should be pretty cheap.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

E30love, I'm in Boca Raton, and will help with whatever you need on your iS. I had one I just sold recently, and they are great cars.

I'm currently in the 318iC in my avatar :D

Also, I have a valve cover gasket you can snag if you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by durtyE30 View Post
                            E30love, I'm in Boca Raton, and will help with whatever you need on your iS. I had one I just sold recently, and they are great cars.

I'm currently in the 318iC in my avatar :D

Also, I have a valve cover gasket you can snag if you need it.
                            Sounds awesome man, thankfully I have tools and space for the job, I'm allowed todo it where I work:) want to do it all Tommorow.

Comment

Originally posted by 'e30love' View Post
                              we have similar tastes my good sir, now tell me more about that s42.
                              i know of the bat lightweight flywheel!!!!!
                              lol, A lot of machining, beer, & spare time/money. Go ahead and open a saving account for your car. :D

Originally posted by Ryan...
                              It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Working...
                              X