And so it begins :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
    lol, A lot of machining, beer, & spare time/money. Go ahead and open a saving account for your car. :D
    wait so power and good gas mileage? how deep does my pocket need to run, like s50/s52 deep?
    whats the power output on a s42?

Comment

Why switch to synthetic oil? Unless it's run snythetic most of it's life, as old as it is, I wouldn't switch.
      1990 S50 goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by CincinnatiKid View Post
        Why switch to synthetic oil? Unless it's run snythetic most of it's life, as old as it is, I wouldn't switch.
        i do my own oil changes runs me about 40 bucks, eh why not hell i run 93 octane. im a picky lil.....

been reading on m42s and to make them fast need alot of $$.
        better off s50/s52?

Comment

Finally got the cars washed, need to wax it those Danm sprinkler dots don't come out!!!

Coming soon i' lip painted black.

Comment

Looks good, i wish that i could get a rust free car were i live :( and add to that, there are only 4 or there about coupes here.
            Either way, ive got some mtech2 bits, if you are intrested. (tho shipping will kill the deal, i think)

Comment

Originally posted by 'e30love' View Post
              wait so power and good gas mileage? how deep does my pocket need to run, like s50/s52 deep?
              whats the power output on a s42?
              there are a few threads in the archives pertaining to this. It is def not cheap but if you go the distance it is well worth it. If you cannot do 80% of the labor required to build the motor, then I don't not reccomend this. comparing the s42 to an s50 is like comparing filet mignon to new york strip. Both will satisfy you in different ways if done properly, but it depends on your preference and how much work you want involved for the final product.

Originally posted by Ryan...
              It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                Looks good, i wish that i could get a rust free car were i live :( and add to that, there are only 4 or there about coupes here.
                Either way, ive got some mtech2 bits, if you are intrested. (tho shipping will kill the deal, i think)
                What do you have and I would be interested although not right now as money is tight I'm trying ro sell my car

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
                  there are a few threads in the archives pertaining to this. It is def not cheap but if you go the distance it is well worth it. If you cannot do 80% of the labor required to build the motor, then I don't not reccomend this. comparing the s42 to an s50 is like comparing filet mignon to new york strip. Both will satisfy you in different ways if done properly, but it depends on your preference and how much work you want involved for the final product.
                  Ah I see I'll Deff search it and start reading. Thanks

Comment

First pics were wash, now pics after wax

Comment

Thanks for the props E30love. I am glad you are happy with the car. Keep me in touch with your progress and tell the wifey she is the best. If you need any help with anything, come by the house and we will get it done............Be blessed.................G.

Comment

e30love

I'm still interested in the trade, sorry I didn't call you during the weekend. Send some pics of the car and its rust please? Any work that needs done listed, etc. I'm interested, but I've gotta get tires on my E30 before I can drive it anywhere.

The 318iS is coming along nicely, I wish my 318iS had that nice of paint.

Comment

i got the sideskirts, front pods for the front fenders.
                          and i have the front bumper, and the lower valance.
                          everything is oem bmw plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by durtyE30 View Post
                            e30love

I'm still interested in the trade, sorry I didn't call you during the weekend. Send some pics of the car and its rust please? Any work that needs done listed, etc. I'm interested, but I've gotta get tires on my E30 before I can drive it anywhere.

The 318iS is coming along nicely, I wish my 318iS had that nice of paint.
                            Hey I'm so sorry I meant to text you the other day I sold the car Sunday.... Had like 4 offer once it was on craigslist but a local friend of mine picked it up. Regardless I still want to see your car, thanks for the compliments.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                              i got the sideskirts, front pods for the front fenders.
                              and i have the front bumper, and the lower valance.
                              everything is oem bmw plastic.
                              Text me are you local? Pm coming your way

Comment

Working...
                              X